DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ha, so we got word a "600+whp" cobra was in town wanting to run some guys, but he didnt want no weaksauce z06s bc that was a waste of his gas... sooo...... so we LOLd and got my buddies ws6 t/a with forged 409 out (just got past break in miles, so no tune yet... will be on a 150 shot once tuned). each video is filmed from inside my buddies ws6. first run is the cobra, 2nd run is our friends newer GT mustang, runs 12.9s at the track in the 1/4... and the last run is with our friends srt-4 neon... i was completely shocked at the outcome of that race, that little car is no joke... but we was run c16 (116 octane) on a 104 tune... with a 50 trim turbo, etc etc etc. as u see, i dont think the cobra wanted none of the so called weaksauce z06s we have running around this town bc a few of em would handle the ws6 all motor. anyhow, heres some fun we had last night.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
hmmm......looks like he should have drove through your town and kept his mouth shut....

·
Registered
694 Posts
-1 for illegal street racing.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Come on dude, the guy short shifted against the Neon and was barely into it. The SRT is just not that fast in general. They can be made to be, but so can a Pinto, just like anything else on 4 wheels. Difference is you are still in a Neon :p

And there are a few cobra's that are fast, 03/04's mainly. Problem is they are just too damn heavy. I will take a 2000lb car with 250 horse over a 4000lb car with 500 horse all day.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Dude... minus 10 for shitty videos, and minus eleventy-billion for street racing.

Sorry, but that was doucherific.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
-1 for illegal street racing.
look guys, thanks for ur concern i realize it illegal regardless but they do it in a safe manner on an open road with no traffic, they called it quits last night due to safety issues. i dont race, i was just along for the ride and figured id show the vids

Come on dude, the guy short shifted against the Neon and was barely into it. The SRT is just not that fast in general. They can be made to be, but so can a Pinto, just like anything else on 4 wheels. Difference is you are still in a Neon :p

And there are a few cobra's that are fast, 03/04's mainly. Problem is they are just too damn heavy. I will take a 2000lb car with 250 horse over a 4000lb car with 500 horse all day.
it was an 03 i believe and i was riding in the ws6 during the neon race and he didnt short shift, its got 411 gears... he got beat plan and simple

Dude... minus 10 for shitty videos, and minus eleventy-billion for street racing.

Sorry, but that was doucherific.
its night time, sorry no one owns a great camera, and the dude was in town for one day, track wasnt open. ofcourse its not an excuse but o well

And minus a bit more for not featuring a single decent car :confused:

A Z06 would have done it! :)
single decent car? 03 cobra isnt decent? im not a ford fan but i like them... the ws6 i was riding in....

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
however i realize its illegal, its not cool, etc etc etc... thats why i dont do it... but i cant say im not going to pass up a ride bc its illegal, so i rode along. sorry for those of u who find it a big problem, all i can say is its done as safely as possible. by the end of the night 10 state troopers rolled up on them, said the street isnt their dragstrip and just had a little talk with them, they were all around cool about the situation... but said dont let it happen again. we managed to talk the persitent street racers into a strip night friday, so all legal races next time... ill post them up if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts

Isnt that the same power to weight ratio ??

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just for my own curiosity, what street were you on? I used to live in Wilmington, NC.

Also, just a word of warning. I've had friends die in the passenger seat while the driver walked away.
some bypass, im not exactly sure as i wasnt driving, i dont go out that way often. and thanks for the concern, very good point. they try to be as safe as possible as on of the mutual friend got killed about a year ago on a ride home in his car, no street racing involved

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it was MLK north of Market St. you are lucky you didn't get hauled down to the station. Cops in Wilmington and the surrounding area are fucking serious about speeding. I had to use the "prayer for judgement" defense within a few weeks of moving there.
nah it was the new one out of 40 that runs the 421

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
Illegal street racing FTL. I realize that you weren't driving. But do you realize that you will go to jail as well if you were to get caught? Spectating/riding along is also a crime. People get locked up for it all the time out here.

And anyone who is willing to street race is an idiot, plain and simple. There's no reason not to take it to a track these days. There are drag strips, even if it's just 1/8 mile, every where. I've owned very fast cars and have had LOTS of people pull up to me on the street and ask me to race. I've always replied with "I'll gladly meet you at the Sac Raceway on test-n-tune night if you want. I will hand you your ass there." I was usually met with the standard "you just know that you'll get beat" excuse and then they take off when the light turns green. I have nothing to prove and am not about to go to jail and/or lose my car to prove who has the bigger penis.

This rant is not directed at you since you weren't the driver. But it would probably be wise of you to tell your friend that was driving that he needs to grow up and pull his head out of his ass before he kills himself, or even worse, someone else.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Illegal street racing FTL. I realize that you weren't driving. But do you realize that you will go to jail as well if you were to get caught? Spectating/riding along is also a crime. People get locked up for it all the time out here.

And anyone who is willing to street race is an idiot, plain and simple. There's no reason not to take it to a track these days. There are drag strips, even if it's just 1/8 mile, every where. I've owned very fast cars and have had LOTS of people pull up to me on the street and ask me to race. I've always replied with "I'll gladly meet you at the Sac Raceway on test-n-tune night if you want. I will hand you your ass there." I was usually met with the standard "you just know that you'll get beat" excuse and then they take off when the light turns green. I have nothing to prove and am not about to go to jail and/or lose my car to prove who has the bigger penis.

This rant is not directed at you since you weren't the driver. But it would probably be wise of you to tell your friend that was driving that he needs to grow up and pull his head out of his ass before he kills himself, or even worse, someone else.

noooo... didnt know that. thanks for the info. i wouldve just pulled the... well i was out cruising with him and had no other choice, but hell thanks for giving me the heads up. we got a 72 nova everyone wants us to bring out when its finished, i told em all to fuck off if they expect a street race

·
Registered
389 Posts
Street racers need to have their balls cut off we dont need those idiots breeding. My brothers friend just got killed july 05th at the hands of a street racer who ran a red light and t-boned him at close to 100mph in a rural part of town. He was just going about his business and boom both drivers died and the 3rd car fled still not found.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Street racers need to have their balls cut off we dont need those idiots breeding. My brothers friend just got killed july 05th at the hands of a street racer who ran a red light and t-boned him at close to 100mph in a rural part of town. He was just going about his business and boom both drivers died and the 3rd car fled still not found.
im sorry to hear that bro. first off, not tryin to justify our situation but who the fuck street races at street lights? thats flat out more stupider than where my buddies race out. atleast my friends go out in BFE where maybe 2 cars would be on the road in a 4 lane highway and they got miles and miles of open road so if anyone gets hurt it was be kind of like a drive at ur own risk type deal. people that race in traffic/stop lights are stupid as fuck, not sayin my friends are any better, but damn

1 - 20 of 83 Posts