DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Helix DSP.3, which only has an optical input and not a coax input. I have a CD player with coax output, and DAP's mostly have coax output (I think), so I'm looking to see if there's such thing as a coax to optical converter? Or, are there any other ideas out there? I want to get a source to provide the bitstream into the optical input of the DSP.3.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
5V

Reactions: clange2485

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks DaveG. I saw those, but they are usb powered to a usb AC power adapter that plugs in the wall. This would be put in the trunk of the car. I guess I could get something like the USB outlet in the below link?

Let me know if this is what you were thinking.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
That would work or get a usb hub.

· Registered
2,440 Posts
You want a digital bridge not a converter. There are a bunch of them but they don't exactly state that they are for what you want. Topping D10s and Douk Audio U2 both duplicate the digital signal in both directions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
Can't speak for the Douk but the Topping only has usb input and @zak has coax output. How would that work?

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't speak for the Douk but the Topping only has usb input and @zak has coax output. How would that work?
True. And the same goes with the Douk Audio unit in the link that was provided. I bought one of the $15 converters from Amazon and will try it out. Should arrive in time for the Holiday weekend, so that I can hook it up and try it out.

· Registered
2,440 Posts
My apologies - I misunderstood what was needed. But there's plenty of coax to optical converters on Amazon.

· Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
2,519 Posts
My apologies - I misunderstood what was needed. But there's plenty of coax to optical converters on Amazon.

DUH! :^)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.