DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
How many cubic feet are you looking for?

I don't mean just quote their "specs", but measure it in something like winISD to get the size you really want. Sealed box size isn't extremely important, but most manufacturers, including JL list sealed box sizes on the small side of ideal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly I was just looking for spec size. I know, it may not be the perfect size, but I am using a 600 watt amp and prefer a sealed enclosure for SQ. I am just having a diffcult time finding anything for a w6 as everything is geared around the w7.

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You're not gonna find anything pre-fab because 13" drivers aren't as common as 12's or 10's. You're gonna have to get it built.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Talk to Fiercetimbo17. He's local in dallas and has much experience building boxes. He's a good guy with great prices.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I build custom enclosures if you wanna get something shipped .

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/13W6v2-Excursion_635780.htm

Buy a twelve inch box [ then cut a new board to be the sub baffle { cut the hole larger for your sub }, now put this board over the face of the pre-existing baffle ... don't worry the sub will taper as it goes from the flange to the magnet ;) .

So a board with a 12" hole screwed to a baffle with a 11" hole....Voila !!

1} eBay Motors: 12" Gray Single Subwoofer Box (item 200334749230 end time Apr-29-09 15:38:46 PDT)

2}New 12" Sealed Sub Woofer Box Car Bass Black SUV 12S - eBay (item 330325149865 end time May-01-09 16:05:04 PDT)

# New Sealed Enclosure
# 12" Woofer Hole is 11" in Diameter
# Built-in Terminal with Gold Screw Posts
# Fits Mostly All Cars
# Constructed with High Quality 3/4" MDF Wood
# Enclosure Volume is 1.25 Cubic Feet
# Height 13" x Length 16" x Top Depth 12" x Bottom Depth 15.5"
# Speaker Mounting Depth is 11.75"

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the great advice. lastly, because there are a large amount of
w7 boxes out there pre-fabricated, is there any contraiication to using the w7 larger size box with this w6 woofer? What are the benefits or disadvantages?

Thanks again!

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,007 Posts
Worse case scenario, you could always take Styrofoam blocks wrapped with shrink wrap and stick them inside of your enclosure to take up space. Of course, this is provided you think you need to take up space in the sealed enclosure. Sealed is usually more forgiving if you are a little bigger or smaller than necessary. Ported, OTOH, will make you hate life if you go too big or too small.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts