DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of wiring left over from my last install but I'm going to need a new distro block, fuse holder and other misc stuff. Where can I get a good deal besides ebay or is that the place to go?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Darvex. Knukonceptz is one of those places where you get what you pay for and that's not exactly a good thing. I'll never run ANYTHING from knu again.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Darvex. Knukonceptz is one of those places where you get what you pay for and that's not exactly a good thing. I'll never run ANYTHING from knu again.
Explain?

I have always had great experience with KNU. Very fast service and the quality of the Kolossus power wire at least was fine... Thats pretty much all I have every bought though other then some misc. fuses and such.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Explain?

I have always had great experience with KNU. Very fast service and the quality of the Kolossus power wire at least was fine... Thats pretty much all I have every bought though other then some misc. fuses and such.
If you compare their fuse blocks to something from Stinger you'll see in a hurry why I'll never buy from them again. Also bought some speakerwire from them several years ago and it corroded in the matter of days when I left a stripped end exposed in my shop. For a complete wiring kit Stinger and Kicker are my 2 choices. RF has some good wiring stuff too if you need something local in a hurry.

My main power wire is JL 4awg I got from a shop at the standard $2.50 per foot. Needed it that day. This wire will be going in my next truck because the quality is that good. Unlike a lot of people I'm willing to pay extra for quality to keep from having to buy stuff twice. There's a lot of higher quality stuff in my install that will end up saving me money in the longrun.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use JL Audio because until last year they actually made Red and Black power wire not the ghey ass Fast & Furious Blue and Clear $hit. Why do we need to change the colors of the wiring????? Can't kids be happy with the bolt on wings they get from AutoZone and leave our wiring alone?

·
Registered
731 Posts
If you compare their fuse blocks to something from Stinger you'll see in a hurry why I'll never buy from them again. Also bought some speakerwire from them several years ago and it corroded in the matter of days when I left a stripped end exposed in my shop. For a complete wiring kit Stinger and Kicker are my 2 choices. RF has some good wiring stuff too if you need something local in a hurry.

My main power wire is JL 4awg I got from a shop at the standard $2.50 per foot. Needed it that day. This wire will be going in my next truck because the quality is that good. Unlike a lot of people I'm willing to pay extra for quality to keep from having to buy stuff twice. There's a lot of higher quality stuff in my install that will end up saving me money in the longrun.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll be sure to stay away from the distribution blocks :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have used various amp wiring kits from Fosgate's Competition line of products in the past and still have some of it - got it on the very cheap from ebay though. Good count of tinned copper strands and flexible enough.

This time around I bought Knu's Krystal RCA interconnects, some Kolossus power wire, and some Karma speaker wire (and booties for me wire...). The RCA's seem real nice - I would say they are very good in build quality and by guessing they shouldn't give me issues sound-wise. The Kolossus and Karma are effing sweet. Very high count of tinned copper strands and very flexible - will use these items for now on as long. I have seen bad references about their distribution blocks from several people now and Hillbilly makes another so I will keep a wide berth with them.

Use Darvex to buy quite a bit of terminals and various other items from - usually real fast at shipping the order out, reasonable pricing and haven't had anything bad with them happen so another place worthy of recommending.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm using Stinger 1/0 and 4 ga, all speaker wire is 12 ga twisted pair Kicker. I like the Stinger product, but I will say that the first battery ground terminal that I got was cross threaded from the factory. Had to take it back and get another one. Other than that, I like their stuff. There is huge markup on it and the local guy I buy from typically gives me 40-50% off.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
stinger or kicker for powerwire
likewise for speaker cable.
currently using tsunami 10.9 rca's but plan to upgrade to some jl rca's someday

oh and im running misc stinger and tsunami fuseholders

i have knu battery terminals but would like to swap them out for something better

1 - 20 of 42 Posts