DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find some of that low heat plastic that Bing uses for his pillar builds. Or even something similar? I used a cardboard mailing tube as suggested by another member and it was a disaster. Is their something similar that I could use?

·
Registered
316 Posts
midbass is the seas reference
as far as special mounting i dont relaly know hwat you mean hehe

blue is low heat plastic, much eaier to heat up and work with than abs. i get it from my local supplier but you can find it at www.selectproducts.com not the cheapest but its there under that name.

Quote from is taken from he's thread An abbreviated install log of my own car :)

You need to have an dealer account I think, I tried to get some a while back. Still trying actually but I ended up using a piece of white vinyl eavestrough, not recommended.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Matt,
Why don't you just ask Bing?
I finally got to meet him two months ago and he's as nice as he is talented.
I'm picking up an alarm from him so I will be seeing his shop for the 1st time really soon.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Locally, have you talked with Keltech?(sp?)

·
4,981 Posts
call up your nearest stinger dealer, and see if they will order you up a sheet :) i am sure someone can help you out.

stinger dealers by def will carry select products as well

b

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
what size sheet are you needing? i may have some, but wont be a large sheet.. you are talking about this correct:

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
bret, as far as my shop goes...ummm...its just a two car garage...and if you come after 5pm, it will have two cars parked in it, like anyone else's house :D
With all the cars you had worked on competing at the MECA show, I guess I assumed you had shop. :p
Please let me know when the alarm is ready for pick up.
Thanks Bing!

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
call up your nearest stinger dealer, and see if they will order you up a sheet :) i am sure someone can help you out.

b
Thanks Bing! I apologize for posting your pics for reference without asking... I just really like what you did with those XR3m drivers... I'm hoping my second attempt will be close to your results.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Locally, have you talked with Keltech?(sp?)
I bought some scrap ABS for a bezel I made... Didn't dawn on me to get some low heat plastic from them! I'm sure they'll have it. Thanks for the reminder! Picked up some spare pillars today... I sure hope I get em right this time. :worried:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

b
Thanks for the info Bing. Was it really that hard to stretch that vinyl on those pillars in the MDX? I was going to get some 4 way Allsport vinyl... I looked at some and it was really stretchy!

·
Registered
323 Posts
ask for " foamed PVC " Got a TAP Plastics around where your at ? :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts