DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some on Ebay. Has anyone used those ?

Is there another source that is good quality? I've seen lots of pods around here and would like to buy premade if possible.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I see some on Ebay. Has anyone used those ?

Is there another source that is good quality? I've seen lots of pods around here and would like to buy premade if possible.
eBay from the German guy are really nice

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
Printed Acoustics does some nice 3d printed pods. You can find them on facebook.

·
Registered
18,459 Posts
fiberglass and your imagination

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fiberglass and your imagination
I dont have those kinds of skills. I can do ANYTHING in a house but after my last door panel fiasco I swore never again. Now if you want to give me a sick ass price and some custom pillers from hundreds of Mike's away we can talk lol but I dont trust anyone near mr for that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
18,459 Posts
I'll be starting on the Terrain pillars this weekend.....yikes!!
well, i'll be busy all weekend with my event at the shop, (so no tech support calls please lol)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'll be starting on the Terrain pillars this weekend.....yikes!!
well, i'll be busy all weekend with my event at the shop, (so no tech support calls please lol)
Have fun man! It's all good with me,I'm not worried cause the pillars are from the boneyard anyway.I've got nothing to lose.....:)

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I have the pods from the guy in germany and like them. Not too obtrusive

Attachments

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
I'm glad there's a couple places that make these. Nice simple option when enclosure volume isn't a concern. Lots of people like myself and drop1 that don't want anything to do with messing with fiberglass ourselves.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Awe. I didnt see those. I ordered these . Maybe a different vendor?
Those are the same pods by valicar-stuttgart on ebay. Those just come with a screw down cover and I prefer the look of my tweeters without the cover. I believe mine were made for the Seas or Focal tweets. You should have the option to not use the grills like mine or use the covers like those. I think it also adds a little bulk and I really wanted to keep the size of the pods to a minimum. I just measured cutout and external diameter and the focals and seas are 1 mm larger than the ESB tweets. I used a dab of that clear double sided tape and theyre in solid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts