DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a some y-splitters for my new amp so I can bridge the channels. I don't know why it needs this, but that's what the manual says.

I've used knukonceptz in the past and have liked their products, but their checkout system seems to be down now. Where else is a good place to get RCAs? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you just need a simple Y..go to your local Lowes or Home Depot. Maybe even Walmart/Target.

If you want a "nicer" look...Parts Express & are nice but cheap

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about buying cheapo ones, but dealing with them breaking might be more of a pain than its worth. I had checked monoprice because despite their wires being so inexpensive, theyre actually really good quality in my experience. but they had none that were 1f-2m...didnt check parts-express.

I actually popped over to the classified to snoop around for HUs and I saw a guy selling a bunch of monster cables, so I just bought a pair off him. It was a bit more than I'd like to have spent on y-splitters, but it was still a good deal considering the retail price of the ones I bought off him.

What are the odds of y-splitters being FS in the classifieds...and now this thread is useless lol. But thanks for the input!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You sure you need 1f 2m? Not the other way around?
Yeah, it says in order to run the amp in 2 or 3 channel bridged mode, I need to split a mono signal and feed it into the L/R inputs of the channels being bridged. the manual was pretty skimp on the details, but I can't seem to interpret that any other way. There was mention of autosumming the input from channels 1&2 for channels 3&4, but I think I'd lose my L/R balance then.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Check out www.darvex.com

I got a bunch of Stinger (pro 3 line) for dirt cheap. Everything from them is well priced. They are my first stop for name brand cables and other things like distro blocks, fuse holders, etc.

Then I'd go to www.monoprice.com if you want good quality No-name Chinese stuff. Their prices are so low, it's stupid!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out www.darvex.com

I got a bunch of Stinger (pro 3 line) for dirt cheap. Everything from them is well priced. They are my first stop for name brand cables and other things like distro blocks, fuse holders, etc.

Then I'd go to HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! if you want good quality No-name Chinese stuff. Their prices are so low, it's stupid!

Nice, thanks :D bookmarked Darvex.

Yeah, I love monoprice. I buy HDMI cables from them all the time. They're so cheap, I'll just buy a new one if I can't find the other. I got like 5 now lol.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you just need something that's not SQ stuff, I have a bunch of Radio Shack ones. 1F/2M, right? I can throw one in an envelope and send it via USPS first class mail to you. PM me your address, I'll send it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you just need something that's not SQ stuff, I have a bunch of Radio Shack ones. 1F/2M, right? I can throw one in an envelope and send it via USPS first class mail to you. PM me your address, I'll send it out tomorrow.

I appreciate it, buddy. I already ordered some, so don't worry about it. Thanks though :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts