Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have:
2002 jeep grand cherokee
Dayton HO 15"
AQ1200D
sundown sax50.4
kenwood 60x2(if 50 watts on the mids isnt enough active)

plan to either do Polk MM6501 6.5 components
or
Dayton Audio RS28F-4 1-1/8" Silk Dome Tweeter
Dayton Audio RS180-4 7" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm

if i go active, will the 50x4 be good enough for the dayton mids to provide good mid bass or will i need to use the kenwood on tweets and bridge the sundown for 150x2 for mids?

couple of questions for where to install the items.
where to install sub?
where to install tweeter? does it matter as long as its on axis? do i want it in pillar so nothing can reflect the sound?

what would be the best location for tweeter:
here are pics of my car. stock tweeters go into the glass. would be easy to use that location, but im guessing on axis would be best.

sub location:
i go off roading in the jeep and with my ATV and camp the weekend. i sleep in the back of the jeep, lay seats down and sleep. my wife and kid will come with me sometimes, so i really need to have all the space for all of us.

i thought of just putting it in the back, and when we get there disconnect it and put it in front seat when we go to sleep. or disconnect it before we make the trip(i dont like this because the trip will be an hour or longer)

ideas? only thing i can do is fiberglass it on one side or the other and hope to have enough room for the 3 of us.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have 3" of mounting depth in the doors. the rs180 shielded have 3-5/8 depth. will 3/4 spacer work, or will the mids move some when playing? shouldnt screwed to 3/4 mdf and self taping screws in the door

still would like a suggestion on where to place the tweeters. everyone says try them in different spots see where you like them before mounting, but where should i start? where will probably be the best spot?

anyone have any ideas on how i could mount the new tweeter in the old tweeter spot but not pointing at the glass?

i plan to do this for the tweeters
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...justable-easily-replaceable-tweeter-pods.html

·
Registered
503 Posts
You could could square up the drivers side quarter panel.
Between the wheel well and the gas filler bump it seems like wasted space anyway.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You did check out the Patrick Bateman thread about the round tweeter pods? Enough ideas in that thread....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts