DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get the ZED for $699 from an authorized dealer.

I can get the TRU lightly used for...sellers are asking $1.3K for a stage 4, and $1.55K Stage 3. Lets just assume I can get them to sell for low $1K's.

It will be driving a set of CDT ES-642i's. Deck is a Nak CD500, tuning is MS8.

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
I can get the ZED for $699 from an authorized dealer.

I can get the TRU lightly used for...sellers are asking $1.3K for a stage 4, and $1.55K Stage 3. Lets just assume I can get them to sell for low $1K's.

It will be driving a set of CDT ES-642i's. Deck is a Nak CD500, tuning is MS8.

Thanks.

IMHO -TRU would sound better but they are so over priced.. I'm not a big fan of the new ZED amps.

You could get your self a nice Audison, Zapco, ARC SE, and a few others... for less and be happier in the long run.

;)

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
You could get your self a nice Audison, Zapco, ARC SE, and a few others... for less and be happier in the long run.

;)
Not sure I agree but everybody is different...tell me which company can cater to your personal needs and make an amp designed for your listening tastes and system design with a-la-cart devices without having to jump through hoops and back up their products 110%?

Also there a Audison, Zapco, Arc SE, etc that are just the same prices based on what you are looking for exactly. It is about personal preference, what is most important, and what fits your needs

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Not sure I agree but everybody is different...tell me which company can cater to your personal needs and make an amp designed for your listening tastes and system design with a-la-cart devices without having to jump through hoops and back up their products 110%?

Also there a Audison, Zapco, Arc SE, etc that are just the same prices based on what you are looking for exactly. It is about personal preference, what is most important, and what fits your needs
Your TRU amp for sale is priced pretty good, but I doubt your gonna come down to his price range. :)

BTW: Good luck with your Sale.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your TRU amp for sale is priced pretty good, but I doubt your gonna come down to his price range. :)

BTW: Good luck with your Sale.
Unfortunately, I have a 7.5 tranny repair bill and the same due in property taxes, so funds are short for me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, I should mention that I recently got burned. I bought an MS8 from forum member SouthSyde, 2 days after I installed it it died.

Of course JBL was no help since I was not the OP. I didn't ask SouthSyde for any money back, just to help me install and tune the new MS8. He agreed, but would ask me to call him later every time I tried to nail down a date to do the job.

·
18,619 Posts
haven't you been saying how you have a complete lack of enthusiasm about your system as it stands? Before dropping $700 on an amplifier, I'd really take some time to evaluate what your system needs exactly to sound better.

There are many amps out there that will do the job. The last thing I'd do is throw another $700-1300 at the problem.

Edit: yep...
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/system-design-help-me-choose-equipment-my-car/120239-expensive-system-w-muddy-front-stage-please-help-advise.html

So, I'll again say to NOT spend any more money on amplifiers. They are not your problem. Once you get your other issues resolved, then start looking in to reasons why you should buy a new amp.

I know I didn't give you the answer you're looking for, but I think it's the one you need.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Also, I should mention that I recently got burned. I bought an MS8 from forum member SouthSyde, 2 days after I installed it it died.

Of course JBL was no help since I was not the OP. I didn't ask SouthSyde for any money back, just to help me install and tune the new MS8. He agreed, but would ask me to call him later every time I tried to nail down a date to do the job.
Ok Sean. I cannot believe you made this post. You have my number you can just give me a call and we can talk, but if you chose to go public that is fine too, I did not do anything wrong.

First of all, I did not "burn" you on anything. The Ms8 was working fine in my car. And from what you told me it worked in your car for 2 days, it may have been broken because of user error or installer error I do not know, but it was not DOA.

Now that we have addressed that it was not DOA, I saw your thread about the ms8 and contacted you, remember I didnt have to but I contacted you to try to help resolve the problem. YOu called me once, and I was realllly sick, so it slipped my mind. Then i contacted you right after, and said when I have a litle time I will try to help you and EVEN offered to send you to a shop and I'll pay for the labor. Again, I didnt have to, but I wanted to because I thought you were a really nice guy.

Sean, when have you called me numerous times and I kept on dodging you on nailing a date? The last time we spoke was when I called you. You NEVER tried calling again. You said your best friend was in town.

I will tell you the last week has been really busy for me. My son is with me, and its the holiday seasons, I am sorry if stereo does not go before those things. Even my own car is still in pieces.

I am very disappointed with the untruthful things you have said about me Sean, I'm not sure I futher want to assist a person like this.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok Sean. I cannot believe you made this post. You have my number you can just give me a call and we can talk, but if you chose to go public that is fine too, I did not do anything wrong.

First of all, I did not "burn" you on anything. The Ms8 was working fine in my car. And from what you told me it worked in your car for 2 days, it may have been broken because of user error or installer error I do not know, but it was not DOA.

Now that we have addressed that it was not DOA, I saw your thread about the ms8 and contacted you, remember I didnt have to but I contacted you to try to help resolve the problem. YOu called me once, and I was realllly sick, so it slipped my mind. Then i contacted you right after, and said when I have a litle time I will try to help you and EVEN offered to send you to a shop and I'll pay for the labor. Again, I didnt have to, but I wanted to because I thought you were a really nice guy.

Sean, when have you called me numerous times and I kept on dodging you on nailing a date? The last time we spoke was when I called you. You NEVER tried calling again. You said your best friend was in town.

I will tell you the last week has been really busy for me. My son is with me, and its the holiday seasons, I am sorry if stereo does not go before those things. Even my own car is still in pieces.

I am very disappointed with the untruthful things you have said about me Sean, I'm not sure I futher want to assist a person like this.
We have very different versions of what really happened, but tell you what, lets just forget everything, and start anew. Are you willing to help me with my current problem?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
We have very different versions of what really happened, but tell you what, lets just forget everything, and start anew. Are you willing to help me with my current problem?
Please tell me your version. Because "my" version is exactly what happened.

My intentions were to help you, but I told you I do not have much time. Sure, I will still want to help you because im just a fanatic, and love good sound, and making cars sound good. All my teammates can tell you this about me. But you have to admit what you said about me was not true. Because, well, its not!

Realistically, its going to be after New Years before I could take a listen to your car, then I can tell you what exactly it is you need

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you are willing to send me to a good shop, that would be great. And I don't expect you to pay a lot out of pocket. That would be very fair, IMO.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please tell me your version. Because "my" version is exactly what happened.

My intentions were to help you, but I told you I do not have much time. Sure, I will still want to help you because im just a fanatic, and love good sound, and making cars sound good. All my teammates can tell you this about me. But you have to admit what you said about me was not true. Because, well, its not!

Realistically, its going to be after New Years before I could take a listen to your car, then I can tell you what exactly it is you need
I am more than happy to edit everything out. Which shop?

·
Registered
722 Posts
IMHO -TRU would sound better but they are so over priced.. I'm not a big fan of the new ZED amps.

;)

Please clarify............. Are you saying the Tru amps wont last the long run?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Please clarify............. Are you saying the Tru amps wont last the long run?

Thats not even Close to what I think he meant. As in a year from now or even a month or two, when you look at what you paid vs how it sounds...aka...in the long run...you'll be just as happy with X vs Y brands.

·
Registered
44 Posts
haven't you been saying how you have a complete lack of enthusiasm about your system as it stands? Before dropping $700 on an amplifier, I'd really take some time to evaluate what your system needs exactly to sound better.

There are many amps out there that will do the job. The last thing I'd do is throw another $700-1300 at the problem.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/system-design-help-me-choose-equipment-my-car/120239-expensive-system-w-muddy-front-stage-please-help-advise.html

So, I'll again say to NOT spend any more money on amplifiers. They are not your problem. Once you get your other issues resolved, then start looking in to reasons why you should buy a new amp.

I know I didn't give you the answer you're looking for, but I think it's the one you need.
what he said :)

i was going through your other thread as well and have the same comments to make. i would also questions the "reputable shop"you brought it to if they are saying your amps are the problem. if they know what they are doing, should they not have told you that your amps will not work out before they started to put everything in the car?

i would also imagine they would be more than happy to hook up a more powerful demo amp from their board to prove the your underpowered amps are the cause.

i've seen too many shops blame their poor installations/tuning on the equipment provided by the customer. don't throw more money at their mistake

**disclaimer...this is completely subjective opinion based on what i read in just two internet threads. ignore me if i'm mistaken. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Before dropping $700 on an amplifier, I'd really take some time to evaluate what your system needs exactly to sound better.

Actually, I like that answer! I definitely do NOT want to spend more money. The shop I am going to tomorrow is not the original shop that did my install. I would also consider going to the shop SouthSyde recommends, but I am still waiting for his recommendation.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I don't get it. Did you lie or not lie about SouthSyde? I don't like how you make a statement about him and feel that he burned you, say that his version of the story is not correct, but then say you will edit everything if he helps you.

I'm not trying to start anything, just think your comments were very out of line for a forum. You should have emailed and Pm'd Southsyde before saying anything public, although the fact that it was not DOA completely realeases SouthSyde from ANY wrong doing IMO.

I think you owe SouthSyde an apology, regardless if he helps you or not.

Now, my opinion about your problem, give us some pics of your speaker placement so we can see exactly where everything is (install pics would be great). Also, the MS8 is sometimes great and sometimes a piece of ****, IMO.....but it does auto tune. Once your installation is either verified as good or fixed, keep playing with the auto tune of the MS8. Play with different crossover points and levels to get it correct.

***I do have to point out, I love how the MS8 is a processor that auto tunes the system for people that have no clue how to and yet those same people are required to select crossover points/slopes, that is a big dee dee dee***

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did not lie: I spent $500 for the unit, another $400 for installation and tuning for a piece of equipment that does not work. 3 weeks ago I called asking for help. I pmed him. I called again. I did not get a return call, I called again and he promised to help me but would not commit to a time. I even offered that if he would help me that my wife would cook him a gourmet meal.

We are adults, I see absolutely no reason to keep pestering him. He knows I want his help. If he does not contact me I can only conclude that he does not want to help me. I did not ask for any money back. Most people would be asking for their money back.

He offered to send me to his friends shop and pay for some labor. I said great, what is the name of the shop. That was several hours ago and I have not heard back from him.
I am not going to waste any more time on this matter. However I do not understand why I owe an apology. Put yourself in my place, would you be happy if this happened to you?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
***I do have to point out, I love how the MS8 is a processor that auto tunes the system for people that have no clue how to and yet those same people are required to select crossover points/slopes, that is a big dee dee dee***
If that were the case, you would not have a job. I will also note that the whole reason I wanted SouthSydes help was in order to learn to tune the unit.

I am starting to wonder about the ethics of this whole industry. In my industry (education) I will bend over backwards to help someone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts