DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't wired a system in a car since I had a 1992 Jeep Wrangler and I wired it up semi-new. Give you a general idea of how old I am doesn't it?

Anyway I'm doing a modest upgrade to an Impreza right now. I've upgraded the speakers front and rear to these:
Boss Audio LA53 Car Speakers
And I'm currently pushing them with the stock power off this deck:
CD-Players - Pioneer DEH-4000UB CD Player - Car Audio Craze

Obviously 22 watts RMS isn't enough. I'm going to need a 4 channel amp right? The only thing the amp will be pushing will be the four door speakers. No subs, no tweets, nothing but the door speakers. But which amp? What power range? What impedence? I know this is noob-ish but things have changed so much that I'm lost.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm going to guess this isn't a joke. People are going to give you silly suggestions because those speakers are probably not very good to put it lightly... You could get Phoenix Gold RSd components for just a little more money and they're significantly better.

US Acoustics USB 4085 amplifier - eBay (item 180335380612 end time Apr-08-09 08:48:18 PDT)

Beware if you buy this amp it will be approximately 150 times better than your speakers and your speakers will constantly interrupt your music to say "damn dude, upgrade us out of here, we are bad at this compared to the amp"

There's also no way those speakers will handle 150 watts rms. I'd say maybe 40 rms before they explode triumphantly. Just keep the gains way down on the amp.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm going to guess this isn't a joke. People are going to give you silly suggestions because those speakers are probably not very good to put it lightly... You could get Phoenix Gold RSd components for just a little more money and they're significantly better.

US Acoustics USB 4085 amplifier - eBay (item 180335380612 end time Apr-08-09 08:48:18 PDT)

Beware if you buy this amp it will be approximately 150 times better than your speakers and your speakers will constantly interrupt your music to say "damn dude, upgrade us out of here, we are bad at this compared to the amp"

There's also no way those speakers will handle 150 watts rms. I'd say maybe 40 rms before they explode triumphantly. Just keep the gains way down on the amp.

It's not a joke, thank you for taking the OP's question seriously. I directed the OP here for some audio advice from a Subaru forum we are both members of.

That amp looks decent and cheap.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Would you prefer this amp over newer budget amps like the Rockford Prime series?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts