DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a project which i'm sure some people have completed. I have a wagon that i plan to design and build a box for to contain 1 12" kicker comp, 2 6.5" coaxial speakers and a head unit. The sub woofer is powered by a 300.2 kicker amp and the coaxial speakers are going to be powered by an offbrand 240 watt 2 channel amp. My question is what amp per hour battery should i look into buying? I plan to roll these speakers on the beach maybe going half volume. I want it to be able to last at least around 4 hours without draining. I was also thinking about getting 2 batteries and wiring them to double the life. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
xs power, or northstar. playing music for 4 hours though might be pushing it with any size battery..

·
Registered
361 Posts
what about a marine battery? i used to do a lot of bow fishing,all night and ran a trolling motor in shallow water,getting stuck in the mud,hitting stumps,and a spot light to light up the place looking for gar and carp to shoot with bows.a frickin blast and we would stay out their for hours and hours.but i think any decent battery would work.but I'm probably wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts