DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Which crossover should I use?

731 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  fish 
#1 ·
Hi new here,

I am restoring a 96 Mustang / Saleen and am in the process of replacing interior. I got side tracked on the sterio system due to the butchered wiring I found and blown front amp that was by-passed. After lots of time researching the Mach 460 system I decided to ditch the whole thing.
I now have a Kenwood Excelion, 4ch Fosgate Amp and Mono JL Amp. Speakers are 6.5 seperates for the front and 5.25 seperates for the rear, they are old A/D/S units that were in the car and still sound great, and a JL 12" sealed sub.

Now to my question; The deck has 6 preouts with built in crossover slopes for each preout F,R,Sub. And the amps have crossovers. So which should I use to seperate the sub from the mids? The deck only, the amps only? I think both would be too much? Yes/No?

Thanks,
Derrick

#3 ·
yes, the A/D/S have passive for the mid/high.
The Kenwood is brand new and I hooked it direct to the left front last night, with the internal amp, to play with the internal crossover settings. There is a definite change in base at all settings 40hz, 60, 80, 100. It was very impressive.

#5 ·
Yes, that is correct. But, it's likely the the amp's gain pots are not set exactly correct, but you'll be close.

I assume you're going to use the passives on both sets of comps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.