DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a system install soon and it's probably a good time to get a dash cam also.
It'd be my first dash cam. Which ones would you guys recommend?
I'm ok with spending a little more if needed...as long as the cam will last at least 2 years.
Some of the features I would like:
-ease of use
-as automated as possible
-reliability

I've seen these cams listed as some of the best ones. Anyone using one and how do you like/rate it?

Nextbase Duo
Thinkware tw-f770
BlackVue dr640s
Garmin 55w

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I have had four of these so far and no complaints:

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Dashboard-Recording-G-Sensor-Emergency/dp/B078W8KGJK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530810749&sr=8-3&keywords=taotronics+dash+cam

I have two right now that I'll install on my Jeep in the near future... I hate those little suction cups and these come with double sided tape mounts, which makes for a much more clean and low profile look. Plus, they include right angle USBs so the freaking power cable doesn't stick out like a soar thumb.

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
i have a blackvue dr750s 2 channel and previously had the 600.

i was going to get the thinkware 2 channel, but got a good deal on the thinkware. i do like the idea of the time lapse mode on the thinkware though.

i also want to get the cellink neo battery. or, if the new blackvue has more runtime, maybe that one. haven't researched the new one much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts