DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be powering these with an JBL MS-8.

Here's what I've found so far.

2 x 28 = $ 56 - SB Acoustics SB65WBAC25-4 2.5"
2 x 32 = $ 64 - Fountek FR88EX 3"
2 x 67 = $134 - Seas Prestige FU10RB H1600-04 4"
2 x 76 = $152 - Morel's CCWR254 2-1/2" (already have these)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I'd pick the Morels. Only really need to cover 300-3000Hz, and they'll do that perfectly powered by the MS-8

·
Registered
470 Posts
The type of rear fill processing that the ms8 does will benefit from a tweeter playing full range to 20k. If you're doing L-R rear full from stereo, then 300-3000hz bandpass is conventional, but the ms8 creates distinct rear effects that wont disturb imaging in the front stage, even with treble playing in the rears.

Opt for a driver that will play from approx 150-20k.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The type of rear fill processing that the ms8 does will benefit from a tweeter playing full range to 20k. If you're doing L-R rear full from stereo, then 300-3000hz bandpass is conventional, but the ms8 creates distinct rear effects that wont disturb imaging in the front stage, even with treble playing in the rears.

Opt for a driver that will play from approx 150-20k.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I know these aren't the greatest but they're a perfect fit for the very small factory location in the BMW and they're cheap as chips. There aren't many 4" drivers that will fill this location so that's a real plus and the tweeter at least extends the sound up to where it should be. I'm not sure I can do much better without spending a lot more money for what is only rear fill.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R14X2/Rockford-Fosgate-R14X2.html

I also have some of these tweeters I could use to supplement these if needed.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-nd16fa-6-5-8-soft-dome-neodymium-tweeter--275-025

What do you think?

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Those parts express tweeters are a fantastic value. And mated with one of those smaller mids would be great. You could even run a cap on the tweet if you had to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts