DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off I’m plotting an install in my car, In theory I want to run A 3-way Active setup up front But I’m on the fence about which way to do the x-over's, I don't want to do a 9887 or similar because I’m terrified of the battery dying and me starting the car and my tweeter and such blow to bit's and because I prefer the two options below.

Here is my planned HU
Nakamichi cd300

And My future eq
Deq-7600 Is there a cheaper one with more bands ?, NVM just a bought a 30 band kenwood of ebay

Run a 3-way amp With Onboard X-overs

OR

Run External X-overs like these with amps with no internal x-overs
Lanzar VIBE X6 3-Way Electronic Crossover

I assuming by using option 2 that I would be able to get cheaper amps, And that is easier to adjust anyway.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
you can put a cap on your tweeter to protect it. (it works like a high pass x-over)

you can ignore my sig for this one, because its the good kind of cap...

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
when the battery fails the settings are saved. If its an autotune, the settings jump to a very conservative number.(around 4k)..that answers your 9887 question:D

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when the battery fails the settings are saved. If its an autotune, the settings jump to a very conservative number.(around 4k)..that answers your 9887 question:D
That does make me feel better There is still cost, and it does not match The nak. Is better match to my inside

Would you guy seriouls not do this, You really should not even mess with x-overs that much after they have been set.

Is it the qulatiy of that X-over ? That was just an example not my final decison.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
That does make me feel better There is still cost, and it does not match The nak. Is better match to my inside

Would you guy seriouls not do this, You really should not even mess with x-overs that much after they have been set.

Is it the qulatiy of that X-over ? That was just an example not my final decison.
I think it's not the project that turns people off, it's you.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a bit hateful. But I will look past it, Since I have never harmed you in any way, shape, or form in fact I do not even know you. Why would you say this ?

·
Banned
2,071 Posts

wouldn't trade the time allignment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts