DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 2 arc audio FD2100's i am going to power a pair of component 6 1/2's up front and a 10in sub in the back... not all to sure that i can power a sub with 190 watts @ 4 ohms so i am thinking about selling both of these for about $100 and picking up a pair of mini's question is which ones... these are my choices

lanzar
600 Watt 2 Channel High Output Digital Mini Amplifier - RBOPTI2X300D - Lanzar - Quality Audio Inc.

Soundstream
Soundstream STL2.560

Thats what i am looking at unless people think i should stick with those Arc Audios...

Thanks for any advice that can be givin :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'd stick with the arc amps. Give me them a shot and see if they are enough power for you ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
For some people that's more than enough; for others no where near enough. That's why I suggested hooking your amp up and see. If it's enough power, great; if not, upgrade to a larger amp. ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've been using the 2x300D to power a sub for a couple of years now with now problems. Don't think anyone has been the guinea pig for stealth amps yet. What are your size constraints?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a miata, i'll have to see i just know that trying to put a 10in sub and 2 amps in the trunk is a burden on weight and space... how does the 2x300d sound.. cause i can get 2 of those or one arc audio mini 300.4 for bout the same price..

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
You never mention WHICH sub you will be trying to power...

If this is in a Miata, you could do IB for the sub, have no box, more than enough power and still get very low, with very little distortion..

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just checked the dimensions on the FD2100. If you can fit 2 of those, you can fit 2 of these:

Pioneer

If something were to happen to my Opti, that's probably what I'd replace it with.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry a bit new to the world of sound in cars... IB? i was looking at a shallow mount for space reasons something around nom 250 or 300 / 500 peak... possible Memphis audio

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well before you buy anymore amps, I suggest buying the sub you're looking at and hook everything up. I'm sure with the power you have already it will blend nice with your front speakers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it just comes down to an issue of space i think, the arc audio foose 2100 are just too large for a miata trunk with an 10 sub in it... i have to think smaller

1 - 20 of 21 Posts