DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
Need expert sifu here.
Recently I just blew up my LPG tweet. Just gotten a new Vifa XT25 tweeter pairing with MG series mid. I use to run active setup, but now I want to go passive setup. Too many unhappy incident.
Anyone have use Vifa speaker and match it on an passive XO with great result. I don't plan to customise a passive XO. Couldn't effort to get good quality part.

Pls help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
578 Posts
Good Luck,,, the passive network you seek, doesn't exist. Your only option at a passive network would be to have Madisound.com build you one... If that is too expensive, stick to your active setup & find out the real problem behind your incidents & fix it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
i'm with racerraul. however, you can also design your own crossover via speaker data and free software. basically if you have the speaker data, i can design you a crossover for free, though i won't be able to tweak it to perfection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
If you could find some of the Soundstream Exact 5.3 crossovers, they would work pretty well with those speakers. Parts Express did a closeout a while back on them. Good luck- I say build your own. They don't have to be pretty to work. Hell, use top-hat crimp connectors and just put the caps/coils together if need be. Active is much easier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
i used to have "incedents" lol, with tweeters till i started giving them some power. the 75x2 wasn't enough- went thru 2 sets, then doubled it,(2150sx) running 6 months now,no probs.i guess at the levels i was listening to, the small amp was just on the verge of clipping? who knows?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
racerraul said:
Good Luck,,, the passive network you seek, doesn't exist. Your only option at a passive network would be to have Madisound.com build you one... If that is too expensive, stick to your active setup & find out the real problem behind your incidents & fix it.

Yes I know the passive doesn't exist. I was looking at Dyn, DLS, Focal, Seas and other maker out there. At least I won't under utilize the XT25 potential power. Building a passive is much more expensive I presume, right?
Well my active XO is broken .... but then I wasn't giving the uotput that I wanted. So I don't plan to use active anymore.
Any idea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cotdt said:
i'm with racerraul. however, you can also design your own crossover via speaker data and free software. basically if you have the speaker data, i can design you a crossover for free, though i won't be able to tweak it to perfection.
cotdt,
thank you very much. how much does it normally cost to build a 2 way passive ? What kind of speaker data you need?
If it not going to cost much, I'll take the advise of making my own passive.
thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Infinity said:
If you could find some of the Soundstream Exact 5.3 crossovers, they would work pretty well with those speakers. Parts Express did a closeout a while back on them. Good luck- I say build your own. They don't have to be pretty to work. Hell, use top-hat crimp connectors and just put the caps/coils together if need be. Active is much easier.
well if you have a good hardware, then I would agree with you Active is easier but I don't have ....hence I'm looking for a passive XO.
Will keep an look out for the Soundstream Exact 5.3.
thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
whats your xover point?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,892 Posts
those speakers are super similar to the cdt's why not try a set of the cdt x-overs... there eurosports (yellows) are very similar to the mg line and they use a what appears to be vifa tweeter in the 07 line very much like the one you have.. i think they would work well. and they seem to be easy to find... or make them your self pretty easy to do...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zfactor said:
those speakers are super similar to the cdt's why not try a set of the cdt x-overs... there eurosports (yellows) are very similar to the mg line and they use a what appears to be vifa tweeter in the 07 line very much like the one you have.. i think they would work well. and they seem to be easy to find... or make them your self pretty easy to do...
thanks zfactor ..... will keep a look out on the XO. thanks.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top