DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i would like everyones opinions , im lookin at a few subs for my dodge magnum, ill be running 600watts rms for a single sub, id also
consider a 15"

heres my choices:

type r 12"

image dynamics idmax 12"

image dynamics IDQ 12"

dayton ho 12"

diamind audio D6 12"

diamond audio hex or D9 12" or 10"

or any other subs that you can recommend

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
the JBL W15 gti is another great contender.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Skaaning or FA1 is the best sub I have ever heard for SQ.
If you'd like to do SQL, can not recommend any,
because it's depend on your taste about what kind of bass you would like to have...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Here are some:

Acoustic Elegance (all)
Aurasound (all)
CDT QES (what I run at the moment, not necessarily because I think they are better than the others I've listed, though)
Dayton Reference
Focal (all?)
Scan Speak (all? Not sure about Discovery)
Peerless XLS/XXLS
Seas L26ROY (10")
TC Sounds Epic (or so I've read)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I really like the sub in my sig, the CDT HD-1200CF. Less than 6" mounting depth, 600W would be great on it, and it blends in well with your front stage.

·
Registered
156 Posts
All of the subs you listed would work great. Definitely more about the install and the enclosure. IMHO, the 100Hz and below is the easiest to get right.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Diyma R12, a wonderful sounding sub, smooth, and blends effortlessly.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Of course...no mention of the w6 or w7 but they're up there in SQ with the best of them

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm going to be guinea pigging a prototype hyper-SQ sub in the next few weeks, as soon as the company owner is satisfied with the design. No names to be mentioned, as I wouldn't want anyone to read anything into my results from any preconceived feelings about the company. The specs I've seen so far are making me pretty excited though :) Should be capable of being VERY loud and super clean.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
IDQ's are Great and require a small box.

ID Max is a Good sounding sub, not as good as the IDQv2's IMO.. Has far more output though!

JL W6's are exceptional, and they still have the ability to reach high output levels.

Ive been extremely impressed with the Dayton H.O subs, IMO they could sell for 2X what they do and still be a great deal IMO.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I have an Infinity Kappa 120.w9 and I think it's great for the money. Works fine in 1cu ft box with only 250watts of power, but it could get stupid loud with more powerful amplifier or in a ported box. Very tight bass. It cost me $140 shipped but even if I paid the retail price of $250 for it, I would still be happy with it. Once I become rich and famous, I can see myself upgrading to something like JBL w gti or Morel Ultimo, but for now I can be happy with this sub..

In the end, you should pick the subwoofer that matches your install. The available box, power, etc.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Morel Ultimo SC 12" - there is no other that compares.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Not to steal the thread, but I see some suggested the JLB. I was looking into this woofer and it seems to do great , but I noticed it was a Dual 6 ohm. I have a Kicker zx1000.1d (1,000 rms @ 2 ohm) The amp benched at 1225 according to birthsheet. Will this woofer perform well with this amp? I wouldn't want to purchase a woofer that isn't going to be well powered.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts