DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking to ask people which size speaker they mostly like? and why they like that particular size? choose from the below:

6x9 speakers
6x8 speakers
6.5" speakers

Looking for your answer shortly. :) :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
I was thinking to ask people which size speaker they mostly like? and why they like that particular size? choose from the below:

6x9 speakers
6x8 speakers
6.5" speakers

Looking for your answer shortly. :) :)
If I could fit a 6x9 in my doors I would use that. The reason being is more output. I so wish I could fit 8s.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

6x9 speakers
6x8 speakers
6.5" speakers

Looking for your answer shortly.
If I could fit a 6x9 in my doors I would use that. The reason being is more output. I so wish I could fit 8s.
Interesting.....My stock door size is 6x9 but I custom made baffles for 6.5's.Is there a high quality 6x9 dedicated to mid bass for a 3-way front?Or if there is would they play high enough for a 2-way?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Both drivers look very nice.Wonder how they'd stack up against my 6.5's.

·
Premium Member
7,487 Posts
In the Johnny Cochran sense, It is best if they fit.

·
Registered
2011 Prius rsx gs9>apl1 >helix dsp ultra>2 brax mx4’s &jl Audio 600/1> full focal Utopia m
850 Posts
what application do you want to use the speaker for? There’s no favorite size, just what works best for a particular setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,899 Posts
Yes.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,287 Posts
What fits but that's what she said...

·
Registered
278 Posts
a combination of a 10 or 12 inch midbass and a 6.5 inch midrange in a 3 way active front stage.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Interesting.....My stock door size is 6x9 but I custom made baffles for 6.5's.Is there a high quality 6x9 dedicated to mid bass for a 3-way front?Or if there is would they play high enough for a 2-way?
Most people are interested in 6.5" speakers honestly

1 - 20 of 26 Posts