DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For use on a home amp. Deoxit looks good but rat shack only has very small can and big $.
Rat Shack brand OK? Is CRC any good?
(tried searching-worthless)
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Any spray contact cleaner should get the job done. You might want to make sure the can comes with a tube to stick on the nozzle. Otherwise just buy the best value.

·
Registered
274 Posts
WD-40, used by pros for years as contact cleaner (*and scracty pots). Dont laugh till you have tried it. I was skeptical because I thought its non-evap and oily would cause dust to accumulate. I was wrong, works great.

Yes CRC is good.

~JH

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WD40 is conductive. That's a bad thing. Some say the rat shack stuff leaves a residue.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
WD-40, used by pros for years as contact cleaner (*and scracty pots). Dont laugh till you have tried it. I was skeptical because I thought its non-evap and oily would cause dust to accumulate. I was wrong, works great.

/QUOTE]

Worst idea ever, you have flaky pros.

Dexoit D5

I also like Rawn superlube, in fact the rawn products are the only thing I have found to reliably rejuvenate Soundcraft and Amek switches (damn harman), unfortunately TefRawn is no longer made.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Chad. Getting some noise out of ML 20.6. Thought I'd try some cleaner before packing it off to TX. Hope it's not needing new caps.

I read recently that WD40 was conductive hence didn't want it near a circuit board.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Thanks Chad. Getting some noise out of ML 20.6. Thought I'd try some cleaner before packing it off to TX. Hope it's not needing new caps.

I read recently that WD40 was conductive hence didn't want it near a circuit board.
Hosa actually packages Deoxit now and Hosa products can be found in many music stores (mi/pro)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts