DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1st post. I've been out of the mobile audio for quite some time. Got the bug again. There are new brands I'm not familiar with.

Which single DIN SQ HU to get?

Features I'm look for;
CD player
HD radio ready
Auxiliary Input: USB & 1/8" mini jack

Alpine CDA-9887
Alpine CDA-117
Kenwood KDC-X995
Kenwood KDC-BT948HD
Pioneer DEH-7200HD

Any other brand/model suggestions are welcomed.

Plan to use my old school Boston Acoustics Proseries 6.2 & A/D/S Power Plate PH15.

Will the high voltage preouts on the new HU work with old amps?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think Kenwood KCD-01 is better.

Thank you.

My 1st post. I've been out of the mobile audio for quite some time. Got the bug again. There are new brands I'm not familiar with.

Which single DIN SQ HU to get?

Features I'm look for;
CD player
HD radio ready
Auxiliary Input: USB & 1/8" mini jack

Alpine CDA-9887
Alpine CDA-117
Kenwood KDC-X995
Kenwood KDC-BT948HD
Pioneer DEH-7200HD

Any other brand/model suggestions are welcomed.

Plan to use my old school Boston Acoustics Proseries 6.2 & A/D/S Power Plate PH15.

Will the high voltage preouts on the new HU work with old amps?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I agree with the p99, if it's in your budget. Great sq unit with great processing ability. If your looking for a one unit solution... It's tough to beat.
As far as newer hu working with older amps, you bet... That's why they have gains. Lol

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
P99 hands down. Beside the obvious, it has a USB digital ipod integration that is known to be lightning fast and can almost be put in a mode that allows you to control the ipod directly (while mounted on a dock) and still do basic controls from the head unit and remote (ie track up/down, etc.).

Its USB input is also as high a quality (ie identical) as the internal transport itself. So if you're happy with whatever quality format you load on your idevice, then you'll get that same quality out this deck's outputs. Same as if you burned those songs to CD beforehand and loaded it onto the transport itself.

Hell I'd buy this thing just for that, the excellent quality variable preamp with volume dependent loudness contour, the head unit accessory compatibility, and the remote.

I do with however that it would have come with a way to control it through the factory steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
I agree with the p99, if it's in your budget. Great sq unit with great processing ability. If your looking for a one unit solution... It's tough to beat.
As far as newer hu working with older amps, you bet... That's why they have gains. Lol
x2.

Simply set gains to a lower head unit volume setting and use the volume range above it to be able to make really dynamic or old low recordings loud enough for your system and car. No you won't burn the amps inputs by running a head unit with higher voltage outputs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the Pioneer P99 is a high end SQ HU. I should have put in a budget of less than $400 for HU in my original post.

So, under $400.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts