DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thought crossed my mind recently: I see a lot of builds in a lot of different cars; some are in sedans, some in SUVs, etc. I've seen loads of different audio builds in all kinds of different automobiles and I was wondering, do you think the body style of the car will effect the performance of an audio installation? Obviously larger cars like crossovers and SUVs will have more room for equipment, but that also means more large panels and more vibration issues.

What do you think is the best body style for SQ or SPL installations, and why?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hatchbackes tend to be some of the best fro spl. Maybe its the small size, maybe its the angle of the hatch allowing the sound to reflect better. Just in my experiance small hatches are easyer to get loud.

From an sq stand point I have no imput. I'm just getting into this crazy world called sq where no rules apply and common sence can be thrown out the window.

Sorry for the horrible spelling. I'm from the sticks and we caint spells to's goods

·
Registered
18,651 Posts
definitely something with an open cabin for SPL, like an SUV or hatch. for SQ i would say anything with room (i guess is the word).. like take my fathers new 2013 4 door civic for example. literally PERFECT for an SQ build. the a pillars are big and far from each other, lots of room by the kick panels and footwells, the doors are nice and solid. what im trying to say is, there is so much room to have a 3-way system up front and not even have it the slightest bit crammed. hell, the car comes stock with tweeter pods in the sail panels!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts