DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure which sub to buy. my budget is like $250 but would like to spend less. I like high quality everything. i have streetwires 1/0 wire, streetwires zn9 interconnects a mtx jh1200 amp and a ts-w3002d2 sub currently at 1000 rms. i am wanting to add a 2nd sub on a 2nd amp.
I made a list of some but still not sure.
list of subs
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsY5mpVGRiAWdGJ6VWpUVi1MZTRoRTZwNk1QaHR2VVE&output=html
the orions i can get 2 10.4s for $240 but would need huge amp to power them.
what sub do you recommend. no garbage/low quality subs please.
also what amp do you reccomend?
list of amps
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AsY5mpVGRiAWdC1xRVZKRDVvb0R0TWZZQ0U1bjAzamc&output=html

·
Registered
246 Posts
My vote is for a Hertz HX250 (10") or HX300 (12") powered by an Audison Sr1D or 1DK. Both subs come in single or dual voice coil options so you can figure out which amp you want. The Hertz HX subs are basically JL w6's designed to perform better in smaller encolsures.

If you know people, my suggestions are well within your budget and are not low quality either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My vote is for a Hertz HX250 (10") or HX300 (12") powered by an Audison Sr1D or 1DK. Both subs come in single or dual voice coil options so you can figure out which amp you want. The Hertz HX subs are basically JL w6's designed to perform better in smaller encolsures.

If you know people, my suggestions are well within your budget and are not low quality either.
they are not anywhere near 1000 rms

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Just a note.. from sound quality point of view, it's not a good idea to mix different subwoofers, powered by different amps. If you like the sound of your current Pioneer subwoofer, consider adding an identical subwoofer and an amplifier. Having said that, Alpine Type-X subs can be bought for around $250 online and will handle 1000watts. However, it seems like JL Audio W7 and Image Dynamics IDMAX subwoofers are more preferred by those looking for high quality high output subwoofer, and they cost considerably more.

Another idea is to consider putting your Pioneer subwoofer into an appropriate ported box, if you use sealed box right now. This could increase power handling and output without a big expense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts