DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know some good tips for a fairly low price? I need to remake my RCA cables with em, Behringer dcx2496 along with my new Pure sine waver inverter will be here friday! WHooooooooo lol.

·
Registered
531 Posts
smee said:
Anyone know some good tips for a fairly low price? I need to remake my RCA cables with em, Behringer dcx2496 along with my new Pure sine waver inverter will be here friday! WHooooooooo lol.
search PE....they should have some neutrik xlr's....

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm getting the dcx in the mail as well (thanks to goskers).

Is it better to get the xlr tip and solder it up to RCA or get xlr-rca converter tip?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Imho better to make your own tip than rely on a converter. It's cheaper, and a more reliable connection.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
npdang said:
Imho better to make your own tip than rely on a converter. It's cheaper, and a more reliable connection.
as far as i know...xlr has 3 connections while rca has 2
which goes where??

TIA

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
smee said:
Already got 50 feet worth off rca's made with starquad, just need to get tips for the new conversion :)
That starquad is so damn awesome lol.
Canare cable is sweet also, very flexible and tough. For splitting the braided sheild one can use a very stiff toothbrush and brush it out, sure beats picking it apart! There are also tech notes on www.rane.com (a rane note) for balanced to unbalanced connections and also on Jensen Transformer's site (no relation to cheap car audio) The debate is to ground out the inverting output on the cumzata device, some like it some dont. I pretty much always ground the sending device's inverting output and have never had a problem in 15 years of pro audio and thousands of connections, well maybe a couple but lifting the inverting output (pin 3 or the ring) solved it.

As for XLR connectors I use Neutrik or Switchcraft. I used to use Switchcraft exclusively but have recently switched because of color options and local availability.

Best luck!!!
Chad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts