DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tweeter, mid, mid bass, and a sub. My eclipse 8454 can send bandpass, but I dont have enough control to go active on every speaker. My JL 300/4 is killing me because the xover wont do bandpass. I am going to use a passive xover on my mid and tweet in my kick panel. I have two sets of passives to use (Infinity Beta and a MB Quart Q set). The slopes are fine and steep enoughon both, but the x over point is too low for my Infinity emit tweeters. I want to raise the point to 4500k or 5k. Who or how is the easiest way to change the xover point in the passives to use? I would rather use the MB quart set as it is bi amp capable. Is there a place or a person that I could send my sets to and have them change the points for me?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Solen can also make custom passives for you. I've ordered lots of caps from them for a quasi-active setup. Very good quality parts. They also sell the PCB's and components you would need to make your own.

Solen Electronique Inc.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I thought it was about $200 though. They will design one for less, but not build it.
I believe to design it though Madisound needs to stock it. Whether for actual testing or having the specs on hand I'm not sure. And last I heard they charged $25 for a design, but that was a while ago.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Madisound charges $30 now for the design and as Monkeybutt has stated they have to stock the speakers for them to design the crossover for you.

Its been a long time since I made any passive crossovers myself, but if I remember correctly if you know your speakers impedance and the frequency that you want to cross at its just as simple as looking at a chart. Well that simple for a 1st order crossover, but you should be able to find a way or someone here may have the ability to tell you what combination of caps and coils to use to create your desired slope. If you are lucky you might be able to get away with swapping out a cap on one of your current crossovers.

Sorry if this is rambling but the cold meds are good M-Kay!

P

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man my second auto dupe!

Sorry if this is rambling but the cold meds are good M-Kay!

^^^^^^this still hold true^^^^^^^

P

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you don't go active, I can build/modify or suggest component values for your crossovers to suit the planars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts