Reactions: justgotone

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Jeff Buckley is the first thing in the same vein that comes to mind.

Reactions: DavidRam

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
if you subscribe to apple music, look up these artists and it'll give you their most popular songs, all their albums, etc... and it'll give you other similar artists.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you subscribe to apple music, look up these artists and it'll give you their most popular songs, all their albums, etc... and it'll give you other similar artists.
I don't have apple... I tried to plug them in to Pandora and it gave me mostly that New Orleans kind of blues, which I don't like at all, so I remove the stations. Lol

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So these are *not* in the style you posted about, but check them out anyway. The albums are absolutely fantastic. You might enjoy them.
Thanks! I have the Malia & Boris album already and it is excellent. It's a blend of jazz and electronic chill out...
I also listen to Boris' stuff under the name Yello.

Btw, don't mention Bose headphones on HeadFi.org cuz you'll get your head chewed off! I learned this first hand. Lol

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I have the Malia & Boris album already and it is excellent. It's a blend of jazz and electronic chill out...
I also listen to Boris' stuff under the name Yello.

Btw, don't mention Bose headphones on HeadFi.org cuz you'll get your head chewed off! I learned this first hand. Lol
cool...

and yeh about the headphones... i honestly love them because of the wireless experience/freedom - and the tonality is definitely not what you'd expect from the typical historical bose tradition. it's actually highly acceptable. little bottom-heavy, but who doesn't enjoy that? we're not talking beats bass-heavy... top end could be a tad more revealing, but i'm nit-picking. for casual listening i've really come to enjoy them.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool...

and yeh about the headphones... i honestly love them because of the wireless experience/freedom - and the tonality is definitely not what you'd expect from the typical historical bose tradition. it's actually highly acceptable. little bottom-heavy, but who doesn't enjoy that? we're not talking beats bass-heavy... top end could be a tad more revealing, but i'm nit-picking. for casual listening i've really come to enjoy them.
I hear ya man... I have had my share of Bose stuff and I don't have a problem with them, those HeadFi guys are something else...
I recently picked up the Sennheiser HD650s and a Shiit Audio AMP and DAC and that has made my headphone listening a whole different experience over my old Audio Technica ATH M50x.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's definitely blues. Kind of a slow and soulful blues. You might check out Robert Cray if youre not a fan of the more raw blues sound.
Thanks! I'll check him out...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts