DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy the 4300dvd and looking for the ipod cable on amazon.. i want the one that does video and sound there are at least 50 on amazon maybe someone can help me out, this one and this one

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your only a hour away from me... are you 100% its the iu200v? i dont want to get it and it not do video.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
copy and pasted directly from crutchfield if you dont believe me:

iPod/iPhone AV Playback: The Pioneer multimedia head unit supports both audio/video playback from a compatible iPod or iPhone. Using your iPod or iPhone's USB/Dock cable you can enjoy audio playback of music, podcasts, and Apps stored on your iPod or iPhone. Using the Pioneer CD-IU200V iPod/iPhone connector cable (130IU200V, sold separately), you can also enjoy video playback of movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and music videos stored on your iPod or iPhone. The CD-IU200V iPod/iPhone connector cable plugs into the unit's USB port (using the supplied USB extension cable) and the unit's A/V Aux input terminal.
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD DVD receiver - Hands-on Research at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now to find a good one on amazon not a cheapo, they have the screen for 350 there!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone ever bought a head unit from ebay dealers?? i found the 4300dvd for 50 cheaper than a regular website.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
are you serious?

im 100% sure the answer is yes....make sure you research the seller and think about what you are going to do if you run into problems or need a warranty? I doubt they are authorized seller so you are asking yourself for a headache if your not prepared

·
Registered
32 Posts
Usually ebay items are not warrantied thru the manufacturer so that's a risk you take. That being said, I have purchased many things from ebay and have yet to have a problem. Think of that extra $50 as insurance should anything go wrong. You have to decide if that's important to you.

On a side note, I have a 4200DVD and it's awesome. The 4300 does pandora control thru the iphone which is something I wished I had right when I got it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well now that i got my headunit picked out, whats the best way to get sound quality out of a ford f150? i have a set of cadence 6.5 components im going to put in the doors, and another set but not sure i want to put them in the rear because its pretty much right beside your back... eventually im going to add a sub, my previous truck was a 2000 s10 ext cab with a fiberglass box with 3 12" kicker cvx's and a 1000 watt memphis amp. i dont want to go as loud and boomy as that was. i know a single cab doesnt have as much room behind the seat so some input would be good, i was thinking maybe a JL w3..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fords have 5x7s in the doors so you'll need adapters for the comps you have now. The double dins fit nice in Ford dash openings.

As for subs, if it's a reg cab you should be able to have a nice selection of subs. I had a reg cab ranger and getting a sub behind the seats and have leg room was tough. This was before to onslaught of shallow woofers hit the market though. I think JL makes some shallow(er) models, but I've been out of the game so long I don't know what they offer.

Browse some F150 forums and see what others have done to theirs. It's a great way to get lots of ideas and see them implemented.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im on 2 lightning forums i got my eye open.. the dd fits nice just a little trimming, and it has more room that i thought im 6'4 and fit fine and can move the seat up some fine. the pass side can go up more though :) i dont sit there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A lightning?? Thats sweet. You better watch out for those ecoboosts in the near future. I've seen what those engines are capable of. A little software and a little more boost and they're monsters.

But yeah. I'm liking my alpine type r 10 I have hooked up. Maybe try the shallow version of the Rs?? If you make your own box you'll be able to fit anything behind the seats.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thinking maybe a boston g5?? i want sound quality this setup.. but on a budget if that makes since :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts