DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of going with this company:

Because they're real engineers, and I have had a couple of people tell me that their car just ended up quieter than with Second Skin. But I wanted to stop by here and ask if anyone knows who makes the best sound deadener in the industry. Maybe there's someone better than Cascade. I used to think the best would be that Sound Deadener Showdown guy, but he closed up shop a few years ago.

Thanks!

Edit: Specifically, right now I'm looking for a door kit for my 2018 Toyota Camry. Apparently with those cars, the noise is mostly coming from the doors. I want to block as much as I can, because the car is a lot noisier than I'd like at highway speeds.

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
680 Posts
Reactions: vactor

·
Registered
35 Posts
I recently tried the "sonic barrier" product at Parts express. It seemed to work as well as Dynamat extreme but was much more reasonably priced.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
zero question....ResoNix.

Reactions: vactor

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Everything I’ve seen. 100% resonix seems to be the clear cut winner.
its what we ordered. For what my son and I have going on I dont need a bentley when a perfectly good honda accord will get the job done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all for the replies. Yes it looks like resonix is the clear winner here. There's just one problem - It looks like all their testing is only done on CLD tiles. Aren't you supposed to use something different for the doors? IIRC, it's something that replaces the vapor barrier. I don't think you simply slap on some CLD tiles. I may be wrong about that, someone feel free to correct me. Over the years, I've seen things like this in use when it comes to the doors:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks to all for the replies. Yes it looks like resonix is the clear winner here. There's just one problem - It looks like all their testing is only done on CLD tiles. Aren't you supposed to use something different for the doors? IIRC, it's something that replaces the vapor barrier. I don't think you simply slap on some CLD tiles. I may be wrong about that, someone feel free to correct me. Over the years, I've seen things like this in use when it comes to the doors:

Apply your CLD to the exterior skin and random locations of the inner skin.

Melamine foam in the door.

Seal off door openings.

Mass load and decouple the door card from the door.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dynamat is so expensive. omg in soviet russia you can bunker your car for $1000 2 layers of thick butyl.

·
Registered
520 Posts
dynamat is so expensive. omg in soviet russia you can bunker your car for $1000 2 layers of thick butyl.
and it'll probably dampen like crap and melt in a non-temperate climate.

·
Registered
19,894 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
^
I meant the russian brands yes - probably should have clarified

1 - 20 of 99 Posts