DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway...

As you guys may have read, I am in an amp search. After reading some threads it seems that some people use multiple amp manufactures in their cars.

I just wanted to know who mixes it up, what specifically you own, and why. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Whatever I can pick up for a good price I use - who cares what it looks like in a trunk other then for showing off to people on the internet or if you compete or go to shows.

So far, best thing I've used is an old Xtant 404M - it really baffles me how cheap these things go. Besides it's clean, underrated power (I believe one or some of the PPI engineers were involved), it packs in a bunch of features: input sensitivity jumpers in addition to output gain, balanced/unbalanced capable, and 4 slots for any of the Xtant modules including bass boost, one band PEQ, 24 db adjustable xovers or 12 db adjustables, etc. You can get them for $100 or less all day long on ebay. That is just stupid cheap for this quality of a 4 channel. It was cleaner then my old Zed Lanzar Opti and Clarion that was a McIntosh hybrid. I had it bridged to my Daytons and never clipped ever at any volume, until I ran it unbridged so that I'm running everything off it now until I find something else I want to use on the tweets.

-aaron

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey ArcL100 thanks for the info on that Xtant 404M, I've been looking for a good 4 channel amp for my wife's car.

Oh and to keep it on topic, I mix amps. Check my signature for them :D

Ryan

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ArcL100 said:
Whatever I can pick up for a good price I use - who cares what it looks like in a trunk other then for showing off to people on the internet or if you compete or go to shows.

So far, best thing I've used is an old Xtant 404M
-aaron
Yeah, I had an old school Xtant 3130C until it died. I really liked it with the Balanced Line Module I had. I just thought that since it was so old that there were better amps out there that I didn't know about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.