DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a 6 channel amp that I could do 3 way active with. So I need 6 full range channels. I am trying to avoid going with multilple amps if possible. All the 6 channels that I have found new are all 4 channels of full range and 1 or 2 sub channels and usually they are class D. There are a few used amps floating around, but I want to try and find a new amp. Any of you guys know of an amp new that will handle this?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would also like internal x over. Something like a PPI pro mos 650 that could do 3 way active would be great. I also remember that Rockford had a 6 channel that I have seen used, but again would like a new amp.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
One of the sweetest 6 channels around for running a three-way front has to be the one from ARC Audio. Not cheap but not priced like the ones from McIntosh or Audison:

ARC AUDIO KS 900.6
4 x 60 watts + 2 x 155 watts
Arc Audio

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I think JBL GTO's and GT's are fullrange 6ch.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
If you need a lot of processing power the only one that will fit the bill is the Zapco DC Reference 650.6.
50x4 and 100x10 with full DSP.

Jorge.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i dunno if you guys can buy these there in the states - heres what ive just recieved

link to web page

www.spldynamics.fi

it wasnt too expensive and im thinking of adding a second and bridging channels to run a three way front stage plus sub setup full active

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I think JBL GTO's and GT's are fullrange 6ch.
If they're the same as the Infinity (and I'm pretty sure they're the same boards), then no. The rear (larger) channels are low pass only. The X-Over went high enough for me to use it as a 3-way active front, though.

·
Registered
145 Posts
What's the price on those amps?

im paying around R5000 in south african currency - according to xe that translates to roughly around $590 - the rand seems to be doing way better now cos two months ago that would have been around $500

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tru Billet 6 or Super Billet 6
4x100 + 2x150 or 200

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Depends on your budget really... Those that I would consider are:
Audison VRx 6.420 CS.2 (can be found new even though it is being discontinued)
Helix A6 Competition
Zapco DC 650.6 (all-in-one package // probably the best one to use since it has EQ and all)
Audison LRx 6.9
Areon T 61500 (Heavy and Powerfull MOFO but interesting)
Phonocar PH501

Hope that helps,
Kelvin

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I like my zapco
You have the 650.6? I'd like to hear from people who have it and are running it 2-way active front and a sub if its enough for them. 50W/ch on the front mids seems underpowered but it's difficult to judge unless you've actually heard it. How do you like yours?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know about the budget but if it's a need to get a cheap amp take a look at the "old" Audio System F6 380 Twister...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts