DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just found my old eclipse 5303r manual today, and well that brought back some fond memories of good sound.

I cant seem to find any info on the AVN726e that describe the audio features of this unit.

If it looks like a winner, I will be selling my f90bt.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Intresting, I would have suspected this unit receiving more attention given its credentials and new NAV system....

It also doesn't appear to have dig output...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also told this unit does have Dual 24-bit / 96 kHz Sampling Digital-to-Analog Burr-Brown Converters

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm a little disappointed. Built-in bluetooth is nice, as well as USB, but I don't see any compelling reason to upgrade from my 6620 with add-on bluetooth.

·
Registered
14 Posts
MSRP is $1299.99. I was all hell bent on getting this unit, but then the specs finally came out and I saw the 3-band controls. I still go back to the site to see if they *corrected* it. They haven't.

:mean:

Spiff

·
Registered
35 Posts
Kind of an old thread but I got mine and it is going in next weekend with a ZED Leviathan, using all active crossovers and image dynamics CS-64's, in a two seater car with an MB Quart 10" sub. The price for the Eclipse was only $699

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Kind of an old thread but I got mine and it is going in next weekend with a ZED Leviathan, using all active crossovers and image dynamics CS-64's, in a two seater car with an MB Quart 10" sub. The price for the Eclipse was only $699
I'll be putting mine in next week as well. Funny how my needs have changed since my last post. I'll be outsourcing all those needs to a processor now so I should be good :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well the Eclipse is in as are all the other things, what a bear. The Eclipse is a sweet unit, it was the car that made it hard, we had to do some custom work to get it to fit in the dash. The Leviathan was no easier but is mounted on the back wall behind the driver seat and fits quite nicely. I can even get to all the controls so if it ever stops snowing I can set the system up with an RTA. I ran into one minor problem, the Eclipse Navi outputs through only one speaker, front left or right. With my system that is a tweeter. not very loud, but I can live without voice guidance or switch the RCA's so it outputs to the mid in the door, still not real happy with the lack of volume of the Navi, it mutes one speaker only. With the system on at all it gets lost. The Navi is insane, way more info and easier to use than my Garmin 660. I got the Sirius Traffic too, but haven't completely figured it out yet. The system sounds really good in such a small space, car is a Pontiac Solstice.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Well the Eclipse is in as are all the other things, what a bear. The Eclipse is a sweet unit, it was the car that made it hard, we had to do some custom work to get it to fit in the dash. The Leviathan was no easier but is mounted on the back wall behind the driver seat and fits quite nicely. I can even get to all the controls so if it ever stops snowing I can set the system up with an RTA. I ran into one minor problem, the Eclipse Navi outputs through only one speaker, front left or right. With my system that is a tweeter. not very loud, but I can live without voice guidance or switch the RCA's so it outputs to the mid in the door, still not real happy with the lack of volume of the Navi, it mutes one speaker only. With the system on at all it gets lost. The Navi is insane, way more info and easier to use than my Garmin 660. I got the Sirius Traffic too, but haven't completely figured it out yet. The system sounds really good in such a small space, car is a Pontiac Solstice.
Yeah the one speaker Navi is odd. I was going to switch my RCA's because I had the same tweeter problem and then I just set my amp to only take a stereo 2 channel input and throw it over all 5 channels; works for now till I decide on a processor.

Here is a quick video review I just did yesterday on the unit.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I installed the 726E a few months ago. It has a totally different user interface then my old avn6600. Its a lot nicer IMO looking and functions well IMO. The map software is totally different as well. It has the same software as my portable Clarion navigation, which im assuming is TomTom?

I didn't hook up the ipod so I cant say for sure if you still need that ipod unit for it. I think you can simply connect the ipod to its USB connector?

I do agree that its quite expensive for added BT (vs the 6600) as the older avn units are pretty cheap these days. But the prices for the 726E seem to be dropping lately...700-800 range IIRC.

·
Registered
777 Posts
with eclipse leaving. i am guessing the support for nav update will leave too.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah the one speaker Navi is odd. I was going to switch my RCA's because I had the same tweeter problem and then I just set my amp to only take a stereo 2 channel input and throw it over all 5 channels; works for now till I decide on a processor.

Here is a quick video review I just did yesterday on the unit.
That is a very nice UI compared to the 6620. I really like the Bluetooth functionality and the ipod interface finally allows for quick searching!

I still can't believe Eclipse can't figure out the audio output for NAV! I have the BT module on my 6620 and I had to hack it apart and install an LOC and electronic RCA switch to get to output to the amp on my front comps! The BT module add-on only sends output over the high-level outs of the deck!

If the 726e had full time-alignment and Active capabilities, it would be almost perfect.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That is a very nice UI compared to the 6620. I really like the Bluetooth functionality and the ipod interface finally allows for quick searching!

I still can't believe Eclipse can't figure out the audio output for NAV! I have the BT module on my 6620 and I had to hack it apart and install an LOC and electronic RCA switch to get to output to the amp on my front comps! The BT module add-on only sends output over the high-level outs of the deck!

If the 726e had full time-alignment and Active capabilities, it would be almost perfect.
Not sure wat will happen with the map update, as Fujitsu 10, is pulling Eclipse to concentrate on the OEM market, they will certainly still have presence of some kind and they will be doing map updates for the OEM units. They have the 2010 map update DVD out but it is $369 WTF. I did send them an email about it, no answer yet but it's only been 1 day.

I got the active I needed from the Leviathan and for me time alignment is not a big deal car is just to small. The Eclipse does have the abilty to change the phase of the sub, not a full phase shift, kind of interesting what they are doing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts