DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aright, who's got them? In door pods that is. I've found a pair of them and due to the face that they displace almost a full 100 cubic centimeters more than the extremis and the XXX drivers, I'm seriously considering useing the Koda 8' in my doors. Their cheeper too. Anyone ever done it? What's involved, it's must have been harder cause they are larger and longer than the 6 inch drivers aformentioned

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wish I had some Koda 8's... I had nothing but awesome from my Koda 6's. I will soon find out how the CA18RNX fairs against the Koda 6.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I did a review on these awhile back. I will see if I can dig up the old article and have it moved here. The short of it was that it did very well for the money, but it didn't really live up to the hype that some made it out to be... output wise it wasn't really any better than Peerless 830491 and only a bit better than Focal Utopia 8" IIRC.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
So Whitebread, whats your main question at hand? Are you asking about the quality of the Koda 8 as a midbass driver in a 3 way setup, or are you asking about the fabrication needed to make it work? Have any pics of your car door or kickpanel areas? This will help understand your situation a bit better. Quickly off hand though, since you are doing a 3way, I would do the 8" driver in the door and the midrange (imagine it to be a 4") along side the tweet in the kickpanels. You can get better response from the midrange and tweet in the kicks. If you have enough space, you can always do the entire 3 speakers in the kicks. Again, thats why need to see some pictures of your situation.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Here are some pics, and you see here he is using a 7" driver. There is plenty enough room for an 8". But this is in a Suburban, which has tons of leg room anywho. But just more to give you an idea.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Man I wish I had room like that... :-(

That's the price I pay for my fun little Paseo.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to see actually installs of the Koda 8. It's a larger driver and I've never seen a driver of such size installed in door pods (as that's where I'm going to install them, there's not THAT much leg room on an 03 maxima). I would also like to hear how they sound with better description than "their great!" from people who actually have them in theri cars. I have 2 so I might as well use them, but before I go cutting up my doors, I want to hear from those who have them installed. How difficult was it to get hte imaging correct? How much power are you using? How far into the leg compartment does the pod stick?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, I have the general idea as to what I'm going to do with the drivers, midbasses in the doors, midrange in kicks and tweeters either in apillars or on kicks with the midranges.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts