DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was here a few months ago because my Ford Explorer Stock head unit stopped playing. Jumped on this forum and decided to upgrade. The tweeters don't seem to be playing much, if anything. When I put on classical music, it's pretty much just the 5.25 components handling it all. I even tried +3db on the passive crossover for the tweeters on the right door.

Here's the equipment:
HU- Dual XHD7714
Amp- Arc Audio FD4150 http://www.arcaudio.com/archives/fd-man.pdf
Front speakers- Rainbow CS230 Contour 5.25 components/cal25 with passive crossovers
Rear speakers- Kicker KS68

I have the crossovers set to stereo on front and rear, 4 channel. Gain set slightly more sensitive on the front over the rears. Freq at 80hz front and 55 hz rear. 12db and Freq range x1. Bass boost turned all the way down.

Pics:

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Just curious, why did you post this in two separate threads?

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Understandable, but typically frowned on to post the same thing in multiple threads... Just fyi. Lol

Have you tested the tweeters to make sure they actually are working? Tweeter protection tripped, or blown in the crossover?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Understandable, but typically frowned on to post the same thing in multiple threads... Just fyi. Lol

Have you tested the tweeters to make sure they actually are working? Tweeter protection tripped, or blown in the crossover?
Thanks for the heads up. It happens to be both sides that are experiencing the same issue. They were working once before but have been boxed up for 2 years since my previous car retired.

How do I go about testing them? 9 volt battery trick for pop sound?

I do hear a slight hiss sound from both tweeters. Might be one of the grounds that needs to be redone...

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Put a dmm on them, check your ohm reading. Anything inside the crossover for protection that could be blown?
If the tweets check out, look at the crossover, just keep moving down the line. Check all your connections.

·
Registered
43 Posts
any chance you have the front RCAs actually plugged into the sub RCAs on the back of your HU? therefore introducing a LowPass filter?

are you rear speakers playing full range? if so, you can swap the front and rear speaker wire or RCAs to experiment.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Swapped the front RCA with rear RCA. No change. I was playing music on pandora on iPhone using Bluetooth. When I swiped iPhone to unlock, it was louder on the tweets. So they do in fact work. It has something to do with settings?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts