DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
635 Posts
Re: Why can’t I use the classfields section? I’ve been a member for years?

As already started, users need a min of 250 posts in order to be able to post in the classifieds section. This was brought in to help combat scammers.

Niall

·
Registered
498 Posts

As already started, users need a min of 250 posts in order to be able to post in the classifieds section. This was brought in to help combat scammers.

Niall
I have the same question....

If it is 250 minimum...then why are the first few classified ads that I clicked on are users under 250 posts?

52 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/417593-mosconi-pros-amp.html

126 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/417715-focal-fps-4160-a.html

52 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/417069-audiocontrol-dm-608-a.html

16 posts
https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/417549-illusion-zapco-scanspeak-jl.html

·
Registered
100 Posts

You can pay to upgrade your account for classifieds access

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/package/contributors/

·
Registered
498 Posts

You can pay to upgrade your account for classifieds access

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/package/contributors/
But if the reason for 250 minimum is to eliminate scammers, a $10-$30 buy in to scam people is very small.

I am guessing the 250 was because that means you need to be around the forum quite some time for people to "know you" and to build trust.

If I were to pay $10-$30 and have 1 post, how is that accomplishing that reasoning?

·
Registered
100 Posts

But if the reason for 250 minimum is to eliminate scammers, a $10-$30 buy in to scam people is very small.

I am guessing the 250 was because that means you need to be around the forum quite some time for people to "know you" and to build trust.

If I were to pay $10-$30 and have 1 post, how is that accomplishing that reasoning?
It wouldn’t stop anyone but I’d say they would probably have a really tough time “selling” anything without having someone vouch for them or taking drastic measures like shipping first. I know I wouldn’t buy anything from someone with 1 post. Like you said, you do have to build some sort of trust and most of the active members have been here a good while. I personally hate the 250 post rule because I may never get to 250 posts and have to pay to list in the classifieds even though I’ve been a member for almost ten years and have a good amount of feedback. Wish there was some other type of qualifier.

·
Registered
498 Posts

It wouldn’t stop anyone but I’d say they would probably have a really tough time “selling” anything without having someone vouch for them or taking drastic measures like shipping first. I know I wouldn’t buy anything from someone with 1 post. Like you said, you do have to build some sort of trust and most of the active members have been here a good while. I personally hate the 250 post rule because I may never get to 250 posts and have to pay to list in the classifieds even though I’ve been a member for almost ten years and have a good amount of feedback. Wish there was some other type of qualifier.
Ya, 250 posts or x number of years would be nice......I'm just responding to get to 250 posts ;)....only 27 more to go!

·
Registered
382 Posts

I’ve been here since 2005 and have just under 350 posts. People who don’t post much are forced to post crap just to get to the minimum. I’d think 50-100 would be a better minimum.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Did I read somewhere that posting in certain (sub)forums counts and other ones don't? Or is it strictly "250" as the number under our names shows?

·
Registered
254 Posts

212 posts and counting for me

·
Administrator
635 Posts

Did I read somewhere that posting in certain (sub)forums counts and other ones don't? Or is it strictly "250" as the number under our names shows?
Here the settings are that posting anywhere in the main content forums will count towards your post count. Most people are not going to be silly and post randomly to boost, but if someone is posting in a way that negatively impacts the community, they might get a message about that. :) But you can certainly chit chat with others! That's certainly alright. :)

LeeAnn

·
Registered
2,743 Posts

Here the settings are that posting anywhere will count towards your post count. Most people are not going to be silly and post randomly to boost, but if someone is posting in a way that negatively impacts the community, they might get a message about that. :) But you can certainly chit chat with others! That's certainly alright. :)

LeeAnn
Posts in Off Topic forum do not add to post count.

·
Listener of Music
2,750 Posts

I think the post count is a good thing but a little high. 100-150 would be fine. If you work that hard to scam someone your going find a way min post count or not. The skip the post count buy-in is stupid.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Here the settings are that posting anywhere will count towards your post count. Most people are not going to be silly and post randomly to boost, but if someone is posting in a way that negatively impacts the community, they might get a message about that. :) But you can certainly chit chat with others! That's certainly alright. :)

LeeAnn
Got ya. Will keep in mind... a zillion to go.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

You just gotta write +1 as a reply to every post to get your count up. :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
+1 😉

1 - 20 of 30 Posts