DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Slowpoke
1,350 Posts
Re: Why can’t I use the classfields section? I’ve been a member for years?

I think the post count is a good thing but a little high. 100-150 would be fine. If you work that hard to scam someone your going find a way min post count or not. The skip the post count buy-in is stupid.
Yep. Since management here has declared that they will not get involved in disputes, how exactly does paying a little money insure that transactions will go smoothly?

·
Registered
499 Posts

Yep. Since management here has declared that they will not get involved in disputes, how exactly does paying a little money insure that transactions will go smoothly?
The only thing that insures that the transaction will go smoothly or the dispute will go smoothly is using paypal to pay for an item and not using family/friend.

Post count/buy in or not, that is the only way.

·
Administrator
635 Posts

Posts in Off Topic forum do not add to post count.
Hello there,

Double checked and you are correct, sorry that I totally missed that one.
But at the moment, it is set to 250 post count.
If there's a demand to have this changed, we can look into it and maybe set up a poll?

Ed

·
Registered
2,743 Posts

Hello there,

Double checked and you are correct, sorry that I totally missed that one.
But at the moment, it is set to 250 post count.
If there's a demand to have this changed, we can look into it and maybe set up a poll?

Ed
I have no issue with the Classifieds post count requirement (nor with OT posts not adding to post count, of course), though 250 might be a bit high.

Paid Classifieds access has never made much sense to me. Perhaps paid Classifieds access should be limited to purchases and WTB only (i.e. no FS posts), until post count requirement has been met?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts

I might be in the minority, but I appreciate restrictions to classifieds... After all, this is a car audio forum/community to discuss car audio first and foremost. Classifieds is (or should be) just a little perk on the side for contributing members. IMHO

I'm not trying to be a dick - I don't care for it when guys sign up for this site just to use it like Craigslist, with no intention of being involved in anything else.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

I agree with DavidRam. The first thing I do when I consider buying something from a member from whom I do not know is to check out their profile and see what they post or how they contribute. If their post count is down, they are inactive, or they are jerks about stuff than I steer clear of them.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think all of us are in agreement that the post count is beneficial, but maybe not 250. 100 or 150 should be enough to see how someone is engaging with the community.

The thing that seems to also be in agreement is that the paid membership then supersedes the post count rule...Which does not make sense based on the whole philosophy of the 250 post count reason. And yet, as I posted, most of the posts in the classifieds are from low post count people who have "paid to play".

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

The Forum has to generate some revenue to help offset the costs of keeping it open and also make it worth it for the owner to operate it, I would guess. Having paid access to the classifieds is one way to generate revenue but it also may weed out those who would take advantage of it or minimizes it because if your going to scam people than you’re not going to give away personal information or credit card numbers that can be traced back to you. If you are looking at purchasing something and they have zero post count such as this guy than you really need to think twice before you put that kind of money down. I wouldn’t touch this sale with 0 post count myself.

I would guess if you’re an active member and thus you have a post count of so much than you are also helping the forum generate income through advertising.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Cant access classifieds either. :( been a member since 2006 anyway I can go back to 2006 and invest all my car audio stuff into amazon stock instead lol

21 - 30 of 30 Posts