DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do my speakers sound bright when I bridge my amp but not in stereo?

I recently bought a Mosconi AS100.4 to run my coax speakers. I plan on buying speakers in the next month or two. I never had a 100 watts on a set of speakers, I always had 150 or more.

After I switched the amp out I noticed when I turn up the volume to higher levels it would get brighter. I though the amp was clipping so I used my distortion detector to double check the gains. All clear.

Then I was thinking the speakers where not getting enough power so I decided to bridge it, 310x2 @4Ohm.

I noticed overall the speakers where brighter?

Is this because the crossovers couldn't handle the power?

Peek is 200watts on the speakers.

Im worried that if I get new speakers and plan to bridge the amp they will also be bright.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
is this at all volume levels or just high volume?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Being coax the tweeter is most likely playing at a a lot higher level than the mid. Meaning it has a higher sensitivity than the mid. Once you upgrade the comps will have better attenuation. Well most likely anyway. If they are designed competently.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does seam to increase as the volume raises. Higher Sensitivity of the tweeter makes sence. I have the Polk momo coaxs. I'm thinking of going with illusion audio seperates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts