DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to set my time correction on my 9887 hu but it shows that I have a L-Sub and R-Sub which isnt the case. I have a 07 Explorer Limited with the stock sub and amp. I have the sub set to mono in the audio settings but I am not sure what else i need to do so it only shows the one sub.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Interesting find. My wife has the truck now so I can;t check if this is the case with all 9887's though I will late tonight when she gets home out of curiosity. A guess offhand is that's just the way the display is programmed. If your sub is set to mono it really shouldn't make a difference just set them both the same. I will look though and see if this is the case with mine as I also run the subs mono and post tomorrow the results if you care to check back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting find. My wife has the truck now so I can;t check if this is the case with all 9887's though I will late tonight when she gets home out of curiosity. A guess offhand is that's just the way the display is programmed. If your sub is set to mono it really shouldn't make a difference just set them both the same. I will look though and see if this is the case with mine as I also run the subs mono and post tomorrow the results if you care to check back.

Great thanks.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,287 Posts
All 3-way alpine units are this way. I'd imagine they did it for the sake of flexibility just incase you were to run 3-way without the sub. I know I'd like to at some point own a vehicle that would let me put ib8's in the doors and have plenty of room in the kicks for mids and tweets. SUBLESS FTW!

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
As long as it doesn't affect the sound let it list as many as it likes !

I did you a$$hole:p

I am just curious why it is showing both of them if I set it to mono.
It is a possibility or dream for some to have [ ultimate control ], the catch is it required twenty-twenty foresight ;)

7) In active mode: when in 3-way mode/ stereo mono selection as well as phase reversal. 9887 retains the same subwoofer controls in either mode, with phase, level etc. There is also a 2nd subwoofer system setup which allows the user to get more volume from the subwoofer system, as well as the MX media expander function which affects the sub and some of the higher notes (based on the manual).

Fletcher-Munson response curve adjustment :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As long as it doesn't affect the sound let it list as many as it likes !

It is a possibility or dream for some to have [ ultimate control ], the catch is it required twenty-twenty foresight ;)

7) In active mode: when in 3-way mode/ stereo mono selection as well as phase reversal. 9887 retains the same subwoofer controls in either mode, with phase, level etc. There is also a 2nd subwoofer system setup which allows the user to get more volume from the subwoofer system, as well as the MX media expander function which affects the sub and some of the higher notes (based on the manual).

Fletcher-Munson response curve adjustment :)
Thats good info. I am definately not in active mode with my crappy Infinty Reference 6822cf's :mad:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ok checked and mine show L - R SW too with the sub set to mono. Seems that's just the way its programmed, probably as Hillbilly SQ states for flexibility.

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
am I wrong in assuming you can have 80 subs ALL playing mono?:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
am I wrong in assuming you can have 80 subs ALL playing mono?

I don't know if this is a legit Q or a joke :p, but you can have as many as you can fit in your vehicle playing mono. In fact due to the possibility of 'canceling' waves from subs playing stereo I have always run subs mono in every car I ever had.

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
My pioneer 880 does the same thing. I have 2 10's IB, but they are run mono. Everytime I run the auto TA/EQ it decides I have subs in stereo and always calculates a couble DB difference between the "2" I always have to go back and select "mono" on my hu and change the levels to match.

It's weird, I'm not sure why it does it, but it does every time.

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
I've fixed this communication error by adding the required emoticon for portrayal of sarcasm.:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've fixed this communication error by adding the required emoticon for portrayal of sarcasm.:)
I was pretty sure of that but I couldn't resist answering ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 9887 also shows two subs even though I have it set to mono. Its probably not a big deal and I would just put both on the same setting.

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
guys...there are TWO drivers playing mono. TWO of them. MONO means one source..not necessarily one speaker:)

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
guys...there are TWO drivers playing mono. TWO of them. MONO means one source..not necessarily one speaker:)
Right, but how does the hu know that? If I plugged the left and right RCA's into a mono amp and only wired one sub, would it still think there are 2 speakers because both rca's are in use?

·
Banned
2,071 Posts
Right, but how does the hu know that? If I plugged the left and right RCA's into a mono amp and only wired one sub, would it still think there are 2 speakers because both rca's are in use?
If it is a L+R signal, would not the differnce be the same? It doesn't think both RCA's are in use...in fact, it doesn't think.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow, ^ I hand that 1 to you I never even thought of it that way. :surprised:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts