DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand. I changed my deck from a 942u to an x995 (I also tried a cda-117 same thing).

My components aren't bad -

I am running these

PASMAG | PERFORMANCE AUTO AND SOUND - Energy ENC650CV2 Convertible Speaker

with Vifa x25 tweets. Giving them 135 rms a piece. Sub stage is an Idmax 12 @ 30hz. Time aligned the system, but it still just seems like it is bare. I haven't run rear fill in 3 years but I am starting to think I need it to feel full. The woofers are off axis 60* or so, and the tweets are maybe 10* off axis. I eq'd the highs down 2db up high to combat listening fatigue at high volumes.

This is just a terrible temp picture I found, but picture the tweets in the sail panels in PVC cups, and the woofers down in the stock location on dynamatted doors.

Someone must have had this problem before. The stage is just so small and unencompassing.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Passive or active? Have you checked phase of the drivers? Or by bare do you mean lack of midbass, did you deaden the doors/seal them/etc?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
deaden doors, check/play with all settings add a subwoofer?
:D:D

Original post states I used dynamat on the doors, and I use a 12" IDMax for substage.

I just mean it feels unencompassing.....is there such thing as a front stage that does that? I have read alot about the rear fill debate but I don't think it is possible to feel like you are at a live concert unless you have good rear fill, or the music is blaring and reflections can be heard well enough.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
my bad, reading pwns me again !

can you time align your speakers (and sub) so the image is in front of you?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sound like one of your midbass is out of phase. Also, what are you using as a processor? Are you using the original xovers which came with the components??

Also make the LPF higher for the sub to bring a bit of warmth back in..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts