DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to connect my bluetooth receiver and my DSP via toslink. The cable I bought fit the DSP input with a nice click, but the port of the bluetooth receiver is missing the little plastic lid (I could have kocked it out previously) that closes when there's no cable inserted.

Surely this lid does not play a role in the connector fitment??? I didn't check this until after all wiring has been completed and the car is now reassembled... Can someone bail me out?

Here's pics of the receiver, the cable and the DSP, the ports look similar to each other but different than the cable connector:

Rectangle Font Circle Automotive lighting Gadget
Auto part Metal Fashion accessory Circle Camera accessory
Camera accessory Font Audio equipment Electronic device Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
It should just click in - just like the DSP. It sure sounds like the port is damaged on the Bluetooth receiver.

The optical connection sucks... I use optical too and it's just not a very secure connection even when it works right.

·
Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,085 Posts
Maybe you’re Bluetooth piece is looking for mini optical 🤷‍♂️. Silly question but Are you sure you took the protective cap off the fiber?

Like this -

Reactions: NIFTY550
1 - 3 of 3 Posts