DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the same amp the other day, and a new alpine deck. Got the deck installed no problem. got an 8 gauge stinger wiring kit. Anyway, hooked everything up and it won't turn on, no fuses blown, not sure what I did wrong... I have the amp wired to the battery, and the rya connectors to the deck and the thing grounded, but I must be missing something and I'm rather new at this, any suggestions ? I hope this is the right place to ask...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: Alpine MRP-M500 review

I just bought the same amp the other day, and a new alpine deck. Got the deck installed no problem. got an 8 gauge stinger wiring kit. Anyway, hooked everything up and it won't turn on, no fuses blown, not sure what I did wrong... I have the amp wired to the battery, and the rya connectors to the deck and the thing grounded, but I must be missing something and I'm rather new at this, any suggestions ? I hope this is the right place to ask...
Did you install the remote turn-on input to the amplifier? (Blue wire from the head-unit)

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
Re: Alpine MRP-M500 review

Won't turn off. lol. Do you have a multi-meter? It's likely you have not wired it properly and you have constant 12v on the remote input of the amp.

·
Registered
816 Posts
yea, if it's not turning off your remote on lead is still on. You need a switched source otherwise it will be on all the time.

I use to use a test light to find a wire/connection that worked, or just run it off the deck

·
Registered
755 Posts
Take pics of the amp wiring and what you have going on behind the head unit, that might make it easier to help you out.

Of course, working at a shop, my question would be since you don't know what you're doing then why aren't you having a professional do it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts