DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm Brazilian and Live here in Brazil, due to our difficult to have acess to american audio products (the price here is very, very high, something about 2 or 3 times that it costs there) I'll ask my Brother to bring one subwoofer for me on August, when he travel to USA.
I was wondering about something that costs less than 200,00 USD.
I want a SQ subwoofer... Tight bass, accurate, smooth, etc...all that stuff that we wait of a Great SQ Subwoofer.
The amp that will push is a PG Xenon 600.1.

- Image Dynamics IDQ10
- Phoenix Gold Ti10
- MMATS P3.0 10
- Elemental Designs "11Ov2" or 2 x "SQ10"
- Sound Splinter RL-i 10D4
- Critcal Mass SS102
- Resonant Engineering SE10
- JL Audio 10w6v2
- Phoenix Gold RSdC 10
- Alumapro Achemy 10
- Alpine SWR1022D
- Any Other on this price budget. (Incriminator, Mach 5, SSA, etc)

Any of These sounds Like or Better than JL's W6v2?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I've only used the RE SE on that list, but I like that sub a lot. It's a SQ based sub that can take power and get loud.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
what vehicle?

car (trunk?) or truck or van?

how loud you want it?

musical preference?

rap?? rock?? cappoeira? disco?

pg600.1 is a GREAT amp, most do 7-800 rms. you can run almost any sub you want....and hard :D

I'm Brazilian and Live here in Brazil, due to our difficult to have acess to american audio products (the price here is very, very high, something about 2 or 3 times that it costs there) I'll ask my Brother to bring one subwoofer for me on August, when he travel to USA.
I want a SQ subwoofer... Tight bass, accurate, smooth, etc...all that stuff that we wait of a Great SQ Subwoofer.

- Image Dynamics IDQ10
- Phoenix Gold Ti10
- MMATS P3.0 10
- Critcal Mass SS102
- JL Audio 10w6v2
- Phoenix Gold RSdC 10
- Alumapro Achemy 10
- Alpine SWR1022D

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've only used the RE SE on that list, but I like that sub a lot. It's a SQ based sub that can take power and get loud.
Nice, good advice cuz I've really heard good things about this one too, like SSA Dcon and Icon, and PG's RSdC's.
Ps.: What about the sound of RE's? Smooth? Good Transient Response (fast)?

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I'd vote the Fi Audio Q right in there, or the SSD if your price needs to be lower. They are local to Vegas here.

- Image Dynamics IDQ10
- Phoenix Gold Ti10
- MMATS P3.0 10
- Critcal Mass SS102
- JL Audio 10w6v2
- Phoenix Gold RSdC 10
- Alumapro Achemy 10
- Alpine SWR1022D

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what vehicle?

car (trunk?) or truck or van?

how loud you want it?

musical preference?

rap?? rock?? cappoeira? disco?

pg600.1 is a GREAT amp, most do 7-800 rms. you can run almost any sub you want....and hard :D
Vehicle is a Car. Fiat Grande Punto (Hatchback), almos the same size of a Ford Focus Old Model.

http://www.noticiasautomotivas.com.br/img/b/fiat-grande-punto-1.4-sporting-1.jpg
http://www.noticiasautomotivas.com.br/img/b/fiat-grande-punto-1.4-sporting-2.jpg

Want it Loud Enough, Like a 10W6V2 could get.
Actually, I Like every kind of song, but I Listen for the most part of the time House and Minimal Music, sometimes Rock and Metal and once in the life Rap.
Mine's Xenon is rated on 840's WRMS, Great that it can push hard all subs of the list.
Thanks man!

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I'd say the W6 is the better sub between the SSD, but the Q model beats. Of course you can just about buy two SSD's for the price of the W6!

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
very small car,

read this :)

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ven-cabin-gain-reality-do-we-need-low-fs.html

and this

The Secrets of Car Audio

boa sorte.:cool:

mouleki ;)

Vehicle is a Car. Fiat Grande Punto

(Hatchback), almos the same size of a Ford Focus Old Model.

http://www.noticiasautomotivas.com.br/img/b/fiat-grande-punto-1.4-sporting-1.jpg
http://www.noticiasautomotivas.com.br/img/b/fiat-grande-punto-1.4-sporting-2.jpg

Want it Loud Enough, Like a 10W6V2 could get.
Actually, I Like every kind of song, but I Listen for the most part of the time House and Minimal Music, sometimes Rock and Metal and once in the life Rap.
Mine's Xenon is rated on 840's WRMS, Great that it can push hard all subs of the list.
Thanks man!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd say the W6 is the better sub between the SSD, but the Q model beats. Of course you can just about buy two SSD's for the price of the W6!
That's a gread advantage for SSD.
Actually I like different stuff, to get off the common too. Here in Brazil, almost of those that want a SQ or a Hi-Fi system goes on JL's...
My Sound is based on totally aout of common and expected things for Brazilian Audio Enthusiasts.
Is two PG M25 bridged Pushing a PG Ti6CompElite and the Xenon 600.1, with Ixos RCA's, and the most incredible is the fact of the most (means almost nobody) never heard or dreamed about the existence of Brands like I said or even Phoenix Gold.
RF's, MTX, Kicker, JL's (Has more of these brands in Brazil than icecream flavors, specially RF's), US Amps, Soundstream, Sound Quest RCA's, Audison Amps, Hertz, And etc are wayyyyy known... Dunno Why, but is the fact.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bom dia!

Where in Brazil? I'm not Brazilian but I'm going to Fortaleza in a month... stopping through Sao Paulo and Rio.
I'm Located about 40 miles from Rio's International Airport (a.k.a Galeão or Maestro Tom Jobim).
Will you stop on Galeão or Santos Dummont Airport?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We'll be at GIG (Galeao). I'll be the one eating the pao de queijo!
AShuashuashuauahsuHUHUHsahush...
Nice...You gonna Like it...the "Pão de Queijo"...
Go to eat Pão de queijo At Palheta Restaurant...Actually you should eat it in Minas Gerais (state) but you won't even pass nearby.

Back to the Thread, I really Like this Fi Sub...How is it compared to a JL?
Thanks for all those who is trying to help me!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would go with the Alpine type Rs. They're a great all around sub. I have two 10 type Rs in a small ported box and they sound amazing. One thing though, they are very power hungry speakers, they won't sound good if they don't get adequate power. you want to run them with a high quality amp with plenty of power.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts