DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed one of these Boston Acoustics GT-2125 (gt2125) GT Reference 2-Channel Amplifier to run a set of these DLS Reference RM6.2 (RM 6.2) 6-1/2" 2-way Component System .
They sound great i'm replacing a pair of type rs with vifa aluminum dome tweets ran with the supplied type r's passives.
Well they sound great as long as the cars engine is not running. The car is a 98 dodge avenger and as soon as i crank it (the car that is) and everything is turned on i'm met with a clicking that gets faster with rpms and a random pop that is some times back to back or just a single pop.
Yes i know that its a ground loop but how do i eleminate this. The hu is gounded to floor in the front and the amp(no sub amp till i figure this out) is grounded in the trunk. Short of running an 8 gauge wire from the hu to ground in the back what other options do i have?Edit: If i disconnect the rcas from the amp it's still there.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i understand that, But yhank you.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, pioneer got me. changed out my hu this afternoon and the alt whine is still there but the popping went away. I can say this though i will be taking this kenwood back because it sounds like ****. Believe it or not i'm thinking about another pioneer might get the same deck again because it sounded so good so smooth,open, and natural. This kenwood makes my ipod sound like... i don't know computer generated maybe? Anyway i got to find something better than this! Anybody got any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts