DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, I've been looking into a lot of different subs lately and I've kinda of set my eyes on the jbl mkii 12. I was also thinking of going with 4 8's but am thinking about sticking with the simple one 12" setup. Also will the mkii do good in a sealed enclosure? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Ran a 2150 SE on a JBL 12mkII in a 1 ft3 box....loved it
so my guess is a 2300 will be even more happy :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I had my pair of 12GTI MKII's in 1.5 gross sealed (each). It was an amazing sounding setup, paired with a JBL BPX2200.1. Able to play super low and clear.

I think 1300w to one would be perfect, but I like having more amp than I need.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! do you think that's gonna be my best marchioness sub wise? I just want something really good in sq, that can also get loud. I've read that the mkii perform best in a ported box, have either of you tried both?

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
I'm pushing a 2300 to a single arc 10 and it loves it....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pushing a 2300 to a single arc 10 and it loves it....
I was considering the arc black series 12" subwoofer, actually two of them, but I haven't heard much about them. Which arc sub are you useing?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I was considering the arc black series 12" subwoofer, actually two of them, but I haven't heard much about them. Which arc sub are you useing?
Those are pretty new, but they are pretty expensive, pretty much the same price as the Flatline series..

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
single 10" (arc) series.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are pretty new, but they are pretty expensive, pretty much the same price as the Flatline series..
Is the flatline series considered better then the new black series for the sq enthusiasts. For some reason the sub choice has been the hardest for me to decide lol

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
If you can fit the ARC 15" DO IT!....by far one of my top 5 subs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you can fit the ARC 15" DO IT!....by far one of my top 5 subs.
I honestly never thought about a 15"....I'm sure I could fit it, I have a Malibu so it has a pretty big trunk lol. Ported or sealed? You prefer it over the mkii?

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
They both are about the same to me tonally. The 15" has better impact IMHO and sealed 2ft3 make sure you brace the box with double baffle.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
I'm running 4 ARC 15's in my HT room with 2k power going to them with 12ft3 ported box...its fun for movies :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Is the flatline series considered better then the new black series for the sq enthusiasts. For some reason the sub choice has been the hardest for me to decide lol
This is the grey area.

The Flatline was their top sub, but the Black series costs just as much but, spec wise the Flatline is superior. I really dont understand where the Black series stands in their lineup. Last time I checked, its not even on their website.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They both are about the same to me tonally. The 15" has better impact IMHO and sealed 2ft3 make sure you brace the box with double baffle.
I like impact, I figured a 15" would be more "boomy" and that's not really my tastes. Ill keep it in mind for sure!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm running 4 ARC 15's in my HT room with 2k power going to them with 12ft3 ported box...its fun for movies :D
Sounds like you have a awesome home theater! Ill have one someday lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is the grey area.

The Flatline was their top sub, but the Black series costs just as much but, spec wise the Flatline is superior. I really dont understand where the Black series stands in their lineup. Last time I checked, its not even on their website.
I see, so if I was to go for a 12" I'd probably just go for the flatline, 15" ill go with the arc series. Yeah the black series isn't on their website, it doesn't seem to be updated to often haha.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I see, so if I was to go for a 12" I'd probably just go for the flatline, 15" ill go with the arc series. Yeah the black series isn't on their website, it doesn't seem to be updated to often haha.
Honestly, sub choice isnt THAT important, 15s can have just as much impact as a 10 or 12 etc. The box is really what determines how a sub will sound. I suggest you do more research on boxes first.

Consider what your ultimate goals are, then ask how to achieve them, you will get a much better answer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Honestly, sub choice isnt THAT important, 15s can have just as much impact as a 10 or 12 etc. The box is really what determines how a sub will sound. I suggest you do more research on boxes first.

Consider what your ultimate goals are, then ask how to achieve them, you will get a much better answer.
I'm actually trying to figure out winisd right now for that part.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts