DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2015 Nissan Titan Im about to do an install on. If I pull out the passenger seat thereby disconnecting the airbag for the seat will driving it cause a code?

I know for instance replacing ABS sensors requires a specialized scan tool to eliminate the ABS warning light.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It depends... It will definitely turn the light on and disable the air bags but it may "self clear" once you plug everything back in and cycle the ignition.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
disconnect the neg terminal to the battery before you disconnect the airbag, or you most likely will have to go back to the dealer o pay to have that code reset. Thats how it is with my subaru anyway.

·
1,690 Posts
Don't know about Nissan... but if you pull the airbag plug in a BMW, all hell breaks loose!
Throws codes, dash lights up with multiple warnings. Car almost goes into limp mode...
Fortunately, I have a Carly unit, to re-set it... but if I didn't; it's a $225.00 bill from the dealer to reset it.

Might be best to go onto a Nissan Forum, and ask there... you're bound to get a larger sample size crowd, that could answer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, if you disconnect anything to do with the SRS system, it will set a code.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you turn the vehicle on with any srs sensor, or even the dash light, unplugged, it will turn on the srs light in the gauge cluster. In most cases it will not cause a check engine light. A basic obdii reader will not be able to clear it, but most audio shops will know someone who can handle it due to the aforementioned dash light, which almost always gets unplugged during radio replacement. You can put a resistor in line to the plug in many cases to trick it, allowing you to remove things without tripping the system.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would check the nissan 370z forums. There are a couple ways to bypass the sensor when adding aftermarket seats. If you are just doing the install and putting the seats back in unhook the negative on your battery during the install. Just be sure plug the seat back in before reconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
18,651 Posts
Yes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts