DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost hate to ask, partially because it seems like a dumb question and partially since I've already installed them and finished the grills lol... but I better know. I bought some VERY strong little neo magnets to hold the grills for my Scan 12ms in place, and I wonder if they could ultimately mess with their output. Ordinarily, they'd probably be placed a ways out from the drivers, but in this case they'll be right at the edge of the frame and possibly too close to my new heil type air-motion/striction tweeters.

Sadly, the other grill fasteners available haven't worked well or are too large for my grill frames... they've either refused to still (velcro) or broken posts (thing posted stick-ons) - so I decided to try something new. Now I'm hoping I won't have to rebuild my frames as they're JB Welded in place below the surface in my thin MDF grill frame.

I don't imagine many will have a clue on how to answer this, but perhaps someone has experience with this? Thanks for looking!

Jim aka Less

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - good to know. I expected that they'd have had some negative impact, honestly. They're amazingly powerful in relation to regular magnets & with the close proximity, it seemed like a potential mess in the making. Not much point in buying uber-expensive mids and then exposing them to something that could throw off their capabilities.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts