DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up, I'm working on the blazer by parts and the rear window (hatch) rattles and i'd like to know if sound deadener will cure it and if you guys have any other ideas on how to do so feedback would be great. Here's a vid of the rattle that i'm referring to: Hybrid audio technologies 6.5" clarus car audio "5 senses" - YouTube to get to the rattle forward it to the last 20 seconds or so thanks again.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yes you neeeeeeed rubber. RAAMAT is the way to go. Rick is a great guy. Make sure to isolate exactly where its coming from.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Rattles require isolation, not deadening...

Deadening is usually an after effect of applying deadener for rattles, which most people seem to do, to start, not "really" looking for the deadening effect, but that's what everyone tells them to do to reduce rattles...soooo...

If you don't care to spend the money deadening, foam gasket tape works WONDERS...

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
You are talking about the large glass door that opens upward on the back of the vehicle right? Can you prevent the rattle by pushing in or out on the glass with your hands?

If so the hatch has a rubber gasket; you could try sliding some kind of tubing into it to prevent the hatch from hitting the metal part of the vehicle. Also, maks surethe bolts are tight and the hatch may need to be adjusted to close tighter.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are talking about the large glass door that opens upward on the back of the vehicle right? Can you prevent the rattle by pushing in or out on the glass with your hands?

If so the hatch has a rubber gasket; you could try sliding some kind of tubing into it to prevent the hatch from hitting the metal part of the vehicle. Also, maks surethe bolts are tight and the hatch may need to be adjusted to close tighter.

Yes, the rear hatch window. I have pushed the window in a bit with my hand and it does stop the rattle. I'll have to look into adjusting the window, never thought of that. thanks

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rattles require isolation, not deadening...

Deadening is usually an after effect of applying deadener for rattles, which most people seem to do, to start, not "really" looking for the deadening effect, but that's what everyone tells them to do to reduce rattles...soooo...

If you don't care to spend the money deadening, foam gasket tape works WONDERS...

I'd rather get to the point and fix the rattle, what exact foam tape should i be looking at purchasing? Is this something i can purchase at my local hardware store Ex. Lowes, Home depot or Ace? Name/link would be great. thanks

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Yep, hit up your local hardware and look around... Sometimes called window gasket foam... You can get all sorts of sizes and shapes....Peel n stick, or wrap, or or or.... Dig...

Sent with Mind Bullets

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, thanks :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While searching for a foam product I ran into this foam: Neoprene Sheets, Rubber, Poker Table Foam, Neoprene Pads Will this work to treat other rattle/vibrations that can be found on the rear hatch door (not window obviously) I was also thinking that this stuff may be a good idea for my door panels on top of the CLD aswell.. hmm... thoughts?

·
Registered
7,406 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That stuff is CCF... well known in the industry... look it up

I know it's CCF, this stuff reminds me of second skins product... I just wasn't sure if i should give it a try since there are so many CCF products out there . thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts