DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched high and low forum after forum. I'm looking at these speakers but am not sure if they will fit in my doors. Some Honda sites say 2 inch depth and others say they will easily accommodate 3 inch. Pioneer has these listed as 2 5/8 deep. I will be running active and tweeters mounted in apiliars. Any advice throw it at me

Steve

Pioneer USA - PRS Series Speakers

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Go to a honda sight, search for their installs. look up depths on their speakers/

Or take Marks advise and pull that door panel and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Go to a honda sight, search for their installs. look up depths on their speakers/

Or take Marks advise and pull that door panel and see how it goes.

·
Registered
240 Posts
First, you will have to make an mdf adapter. Then, you will have to make a new speaker grills or modify the hell out of factory grills(which is what I did).

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
I've sampled a similar set of Pioneer PRS series comps 4 months ago and wasn't very impressed. Not very dynamic in any part of the audible range and IMO is TOO soft sounding. But then again, I like impact and dynamics. Those just didn't impress me at all.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I've sampled a similar set of Pioneer PRS series comps 4 months ago and wasn't very impressed. Not very dynamic in any part of the audible range and IMO is TOO soft sounding. But then again, I like impact and dynamics. Those just didn't impress me at all.

Disregard anything Tspence says.

After reading above I know you without a doubt have no clue what you are talking about.:rolleyes:

The 720 mid is consider by a lot around here a very good mid driver. Some consider it one of the top mids avaliable.;)

Since you never seem to make it to any other parts of this forum I will spoon feed your dumb ass.:cool:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/klippel-reviews-driver-specs/11026-pioneer-ts-c720prs.html
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-product-reviews/7302-pioneer-premier-ts-c720prs.html
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-product-reviews/7588-premier-ts-c720prs-comp-set.html

Sorry for the OT but Tspence needs to stand right next to me so I can slap his dumbass everytime something stupid comes out his mouth. Yes, my arm would be done after a few seconds but that is why God gave me two arms to slap him with.

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
Disregard anything Tspence says.

After reading above I know you without a doubt have no clue what you are talking about.:rolleyes:

The 720 mid is consider by a lot around here a very good mid driver. Some consider it one of the top mids avaliable.;)

Since you never seem to make it to any other parts of this forum I will spoon feed your dumb ass.:cool:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/klippel-reviews-driver-specs/11026-pioneer-ts-c720prs.html
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-product-reviews/7302-pioneer-premier-ts-c720prs.html
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-product-reviews/7588-premier-ts-c720prs-comp-set.html

Sorry for the OT but Tspence needs to stand right next to me so I can slap his dumbass everytime something stupid comes out his mouth. Yes, my arm would be done after a few seconds but that is why God gave me two arms to slap him with.
Sorry man. I listened to a set of Pioneer PRS comps at Audio Excellence here in Vegas. They just didn't sound good to me. It's just an opinion. I cannot remember if they were the same model as this guy wants but I remember the woofer color was yellow and the tweeter looks exactly the same. The sound was too soft and muted. There was no punch or excitement to the sound. It's just an opinion but I've heard many better coax's than that, let alone comps.

·
18,683 Posts
Sorry man. I listened to a set of Pioneer PRS comps at Audio Excellence here in Vegas. They just didn't sound good to me. It's just an opinion. I cannot remember if they were the same model as this guy wants but I remember the woofer color was yellow and the tweeter looks exactly the same. The sound was too soft and muted. There was no punch or excitement to the sound. It's just an opinion but I've heard many better coax's than that, let alone comps.
In that case, your opinion is rendered useless.

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
In that case, your opinion is rendered useless.
The PRS comp models all look similarly engineered regardless of size. At the very least I can say the dynamics sound 'wrong'. I will try to get a better, more in-depth audition with them but my first impressions weren't good.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The PRS comp models all look similarly engineered regardless of size. At the very least I can say the dynamics sound 'wrong'. I will try to get a better, more in-depth audition with them but my first impressions weren't good.

So the dude that thinks Infinity crap is the best money can buy disregards everything, including dozens of well respected opinions about the mids, disregards the actual scientific kippell testing Here (sorry TS, this does not mean closing your eyes in a listening room) and says that the stuff is bad.... even though he doesnt even know what set he was listening to-----
By the way, here is another snippet:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/340100-post7.html

Wait, I have it. He didnt know what set it was because he was blindfolded in the room doing his "Scientific Testing".:laugh:

by the way TS, what you did is called post dumping. He didnt ask for an opinion about his mids, but rather if they would fit.

Reading comprehension - FTW
You - FTL

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is probably useless since the 98 is probably worlds different from the '07, but I have the '07 Accord 4-door with a 1" spacer ring and the stock speaker grill is still fine. With the 1" spacer ring I'd imagine you can fit about anything you want. I've got the Polk MOMO's in there at 2.68" depth and they're fine. Although I can't really tell you how much room I have to spare.

·
Registered
731 Posts
:laugh: If you haven't noticed, the human memory SUCKS at remembering visual stimuli. This is especially true for things that seem uninteresting or dull. More than likely you were listening to the REVs:

Amazon.com: Pioneer Tsc160R Rev Series Speaker Package - 6 1/2 Inch (PIONEER TSC160R): Electronics

Or the "install" was crap :p

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
What the hell is wrong with you, Tspence?

Just because it LOOKS like it you believe that it must be engineered the same? WTF?

For your future information, the PRS720's look like this:

And the TSD 720's, a lower lineup (but still good for the asking price)

There are others that look similar too, but that's the most likely to be mis-construed.

You could be a total doofus and think these are the same I guess:

Bottom line is, unless you have auditioned the model and not what looks like it, please refrain from saying so! You're like a rumor mill and a puppy mill in one, man! Spreading ******** and sad, disgusting and depressing information at the same time. Please stop.

·
Banned
1,808 Posts

I supposed these 'could' have been the ones I heard. I know what the tweeter looks like for sure. I couldn't see the rear mount side of the woofer, so I can't be 100% sure. I will be sure to look for the PRS720's next time.

These drivers should be available to listen to in most major cities at a stereo shop if you dig around. I personally NEVER buy speakers unless I've heard them. No matter what a million people might say or what a klippel test might say.

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts

I supposed these 'could' have been the ones I heard. I know what the tweeter looks like for sure. I couldn't see the rear mount side of the woofer, so I can't be 100% sure. I will be sure to look for the PRS720's next time.

These drivers should be available to listen to in most major cities at a stereo shop if you dig around. I personally NEVER buy speakers unless I've heard them. No matter what a million people might say or what a klippel test might say.
Thats why you will always run crap and think its the **** like your infinitys

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Actually the higher the quality the less likely you are to see and hear them at a B&M.

They sell the cheap **** to geniuses :p

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
Another classic tspence derailment.

What has to happen to get it to stop?? Please some one tell me, I'll do whatever it is to put an end to the insanity.
It's as simple as stopping the pretention that a thread is ruined simply because I've posted in it. (and on topic here too). Just stop YOUR insanity.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts