DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new here. I have never run an active setup before. I have started collecting equipment for my next install, and wanted some opinions.

Here is what I have so far
HU- DRZ9255
Midrange- DLS Iridiums
Midbass- Kicker cmb8's
Crossover- Coustic XM-7
EQ- PPI DEQ-230 old school black
Amp for midrange- PPI A404(black)
Amp for Sub- A600.2(black)
Amp for ribbons- A100.2(black)

Need to order
another a404 for the midbass
lcy ribbons
ss 12" rlp (most likely)

Now do you think all this will work together.
a100.2-lcy ribbons
a404-iridium midrange
a404-kicker midbass
a600.2 SS rlp
all ran to the coustic crossover and deq-230

I know some of it is not the best equipment, but I think it will do great for my first activesetup. All comments and suggestions welcome :D

Thanks Kali

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just figured with the deq-230 it would provide a little more flexibility. As far as the crossover you are 100% right. I didn't think about it. One less place the signal will have to travel through. Thanks.

Kali

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ryan,
Thank you. It is nice to be here. There is a ton of great info here. I am glad I found this site. Have a good weekend!!

Also found the answer to my ribbon question in the DIY articles section 8)

Kali

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I got allot of my equipment from Tirefryr. Great guy and great equipment. Everything I bought from him is in like new condition. Thanks again :wink: I can't wait to get everything installed. The funny part is I need to get another car. All of this was going to go into my 04' Grand Cherokee. However I found out my wife is expecting :D So she is going to get the Jeep. So I am in the process of finding a car for this install. Probably a budget car like a Camry or Accord. It is a little frusterating having all this equipment and no place to put it :cry:

Kali

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.