DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Guys, try to browse the pdf files in this site ------> Index of /zapco

The software im using came from that site. I share your sentiments, its really hard to get things work but with those "tech tip", got it in less than 2 hours. Once your done with the set-up, everything will be easy.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Paeng

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
PM me for the files that tech support from Zapco sent me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
can any one just post a link to the silly windows 64 bit driver?
Like file dump or any free website.

Im sitting in an install bay with three brand new amps and a windows 98 driver.

or MP me a link,

Thanks very much

kind of blows chunks my amps dont even work at all sounds like ass farts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello all

I'm Now facing on install my 2 zapco (dc - 500.1 and 360.4) have tried for 4 days already, and email to Zapco support yet. however still doesn't have any clue how this can be happen. the instruction about how to install i have followed step by step, and very detailed,I'm sure nothing are lose regarding to the installation.

the problem :
after installation for 500.1 asking me to upgrade the firmware, doing it yet. and firmware was upgrde yet.
once it was installed, closed the program, close the amp, and then fire up amp, and open Program,(dip switch when the amp was off, and tried several node, from 1 to 8), program was on Com 3, but when init hardware , Pop up appear,and said, "can't found the network hardware, the program will terminated" .then the DPN Closed

DC 360.4, even USB wasn't regonize by the laptop. tried to manually add it by browse zapco usb drive, but can't install the driver.

cabling was 5 pc here, 3 was new, 2 was the old one. I'm pretty sure nor the cabling problem.
OS using windows 7 ultimate 32 Bit

I'm really sick, frustated regarding to this case, in fact i'm very handy on computer stuff. so I confident, i wasn't lose the detail. anybody of you have clue about this case 4 Days with nothing *sigh, shame on me

anybody experience the same problem I face? thanks alot. If you need the screen shoot , i can post or email it to you. thanks alot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need your help badly. i need the x64 driver file. i tried calling zapco but i am getting nowhere. if you could please email me at arthurpalfyyahoo com thank you

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sent a pm about the drivers. I'm hoping you still have them. The dc1100.1 I recently bought is being beyond difficult.

·
Registered
1 Posts
D
Hello everyone, Jesse here.

As many of you know I have been fighting tooth and nail to not only figure out my Zapco DC Ref 650.6 but get it working properly. After literally getting nearly every error code possible, to include one code NO ONE AT ZAPCO HAS EVER HEARD OF, I have a system that is up and running although it is not 100% complete.

Okay to get started if your running Win 7 (64) or Vista you will need an additional driver. I have that driver and if you PM me your email address I will send it to you.

If ANYONE gets the error that Zapco has NEVER HEARD of:

Replace your Mini USB to USB cable. After careful testing it was discovered that my input portion of the cable was good but the output (amp to laptop) was broken. Yeah I know.

Before you get started if you have tried to load your Zapco amp before and have failed you not only need to uninstall the program from your laptop you need to perform the following:
Hook up your amp and turn your power source on.
Click on your windows orb in the bottom left hand corner and open your start menu.
Right click on "Computer" and select "Properties"
A window will pop up and display the basic info of your computer.
On the upper left side of that pop-up click on "Device Manager"
You will see a long list of things processing through your motherboard.
You might see "Network Amp" under a USB device.
Right click on this and Uninstall it. This will wipe it clean from your system.
Turn off power and unplug the amp from the laptop.

NOW WE HAVE A FRESH START

Here are the steps to follow to set up your amp. I will intervene at the place most common issues occur and explain how I over came the issue in RED FONT.

Loading software and drivers for Windows Vista and
Windows 7- 64 bit version

1. Load program onto your computer via link provided by Zapco or by disc.
------If you are using an HP Mini or other NON CD drive possessing computer you will need to use a program like Power ISO to create an .ISO file that your computer will recognize as a CD or just rip the Zapco disc onto a thumb drive and move the file folder over.
2. Open file
3. Run Setup.exe
a. This portion you simply need to hit Next, Next then Install
4. Once program is loaded DO NOT START THE SOFTWARE. The Drivers need to be loaded before the software is run
5. Open the Zip file that was sent along with the Zapco program named Zapco X64 Driver
------This is where I can send you the file PM ME!!
6. Once the Zip file is opened copy the file inside to your desktop or to a location in your computer that is easy to remember.
a. Where ever you save that file to you must remember for later in the installation and it can not be moved once finished.
Loading the drivers for this process may be different per computer
1. Connect amplifier to PC via the supplied USB cable
2. Power amplifiers on
3. Open start menu
4. Right click on “computer”
5. Left click on “manage”
6. Under Computer management select “Device Manager”
7. Once Device Manager opens you will see “Other Devices”
a. If you expand the selection you will find “Network Amplifier”
8. Right click on network amplifier and select update drivers
9. On the next screen it will ask what you would like to do. Select the option
“Browse my computer for driver software
10. on the next screen you will see a box with a Browse button to the right of it.
Select Browse
a. You need to locate the file you have saved from the Zip folder named
“Zapco x64 Driver”
b. Select that file then hit ok
11. once you hit ok it will bring you back to the previous menu and the Zapco X64
Driver will be in the box
12. Select Next
a. At this point a Windows Security box will appear
b. Select “install driver software anyways”
13. Select finish
14. Once that has installed you will need to go back to Device Manager
15. Once again under “other devices” you will see “USB Serial Port”
16. Right click and select “update drivers”
17. Follow steps 9-13 from above again

Loading the Software and Drivers for Windows Vista and
Windows 7- 32bit.

1. Load program onto your computer via link provided by Zapco or by disc.
2. Open file
3. Run Setup.exe
a. This portion you simply need to hit Next, Next then Install
4. Once program is loaded DO NOT START THE SOFTWARE. The Drivers need
to be loaded before the software is run
Loading the drivers for this process may be different per computer
1. Connect amplifier to PC via the supplied USB cable
2. Power amplifiers on
3. In a few seconds the Install Wizard should open. If it does not please see below
on how to proceed. If it does proceed to step 4
4. First it will ask if you would like to connect to the internet to find the driver.
Select no
5. On the next screen it will ask what you would like to do. Select the option
“Browse my computer for driver software
6. on the next screen you will see a box with a Browse button to the right of it.
Select Browse
a. the File you are looking for will be under your Local Disc C and is Named
“ZAPCO USB DRIVER 1”
b. Select that file then hit ok
7. once you hit ok it will bring you back to the previous menu and the ZAPCO USB
DRIVER 1 will be in the box
8. Select Next
a. At this point a Windows Security box will appear
b. Select “install driver software anyways”
9. Select finish
10. Install hardware will open again
11. Repeat steps 4-9
12. at this point it will tell you that your hardware is installed and ready to use.
If the install wizard does not open follow the following steps.
13. Open start menu
14. Right click on “computer”
15. Left click on “manage”
16. Under Computer management select “Device Manager”
17. Once Device Manager opens you will see “Other Devices”
a. If you expand the selection you will find “Network Amplifier”
18. Right click on network amplifier and select update drivers
19. Follow steps 5-9 from above
20. Once that has installed you will need to go back to Device Manager
21. Once again under “other devices you will see “USB Serial Port”
22. Right click and select “update drivers”
23. Follow steps 5-9 from above again

Okay. Now you think you are done and maybe your are three sheets to the wind and have made up new profane words to describe your amp. You try and open your program and you get this:

Yeah. Please keep in mind all of this trouble shooting has been cleaned up from my original mess and polished into this thread for you guys. I lost hair over this amp. Literally.

DON'T FREAK OUT.

The second window indicates that the amp has a different program version installed (older version) (possible older versions 1.20, 1.21, 1.31,1.32, or 1.33).

You would need to shut the program down.
Turn off the amp
Click down #5 dip switch
Restart amp
Restart program
This will bring up a new window. After administrator password is entered (Zapco), clicking on the Yes or OK will reprogram the amp to the newer version software on your computer.
After programming completes:
Close the program
Turn off amp
Put #5 dip switch back to up position
Restart the amp and program.
This will have updated the amp to the version software on your computer – BUT – will also have reset all settings to Factory Default. You will need to go and reprogram all your settings.

The only way to retrieve your current settings in the amp, is to downgrade the current program on your computer to the old version of the program, save the settings to a file from the amp on your computer, reupdate your computer program, update the amp, and then factory reset. Once updated to factory, you can then save the saved settings file on the computer to the amp and you will have all the old settings the amp had. (this must be done before resetting the amp to the newer factory settings)

I am sure there are a few error codes along the way I missed, but not to worry, I took pictures of everything and can whip up an answer pretty quick.

Once everything is all hooked up and your amp is on you may notice everything sounds like complete asssssssssssss.

AGAIN DON"T FREAK OUT. PM Me and I will sent you a basic setup to "baseline" your amp. I spent a couple hours on the phone total with reps and Zapco getting this sensitive bastard to like me. Now I have a sexy sounding front stage and I still have to add the rear fill and phantom center.

Good luck guys and post issues as they arrive, lots of guys on here who know wayyy more than me. I just had my ass handed to me for about three weeks before I finally had music in the car.

Jesse

Saya Punya Amp. Zapco DC 650.6 Bagaimana Untuk Cara Sering Amp. Itu ya. Terimakasih.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts