DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
^ I am planning to adjust crossovers soon and play with things more at some point..

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts

Your location looks great.

The upper limit on how high you can play will be impacted by the reflections generated in that corner.

It will be difficult to get those midranges to play past 2khz in an environment like that.

2khz is seven inches long; it's about as long a wavelength that can be radiated without tons of reflections. As the wavelengths get shorter and shorter, reflections will become a larger issue.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
You could also get some light (non-dark) Ceramic Tint on your front windshield...
I have 70% ceramic on the windshield of all 4 of my cars…best money I’ve ever spent on tint. Makes as much of a difference by itself as tinting the rest of the car with 20 and 5% ceramic.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Doesn't it impair visibility? What are the benefits: looks, driving at night,heat?
it doesn’t impair visibility. Driving at night isn’t an issue either. Heat rejection is noticeably better, especially if your vehicle has a large windshield. I got ceramic for my windshield, but if I had the option, I would’ve gone with a far more superior option if it were able to be installed on my vehicle (they refused to due to policy on certain vehicles windshields). I still got one of the best ceramics for my windshield but I have the superior tint on all my other windows. The heAt rejection difference was approximately the same for the 70% tint versus the ceramics 20%. Pretty much it allows similar or better heAt rejection As super dark tints except without needing to go dark.

The interior ceramic tint for the windshield I used but is still considered one of the best:

Autobahn i3 air ceramic (Huper Optik)

superior tint thsTs superior in everyway to Any tint on the market except price:

Spectra PhotoSync

fwiw I got one of my cars done recently and it was $1000 all around no windshield (as due to my vehicle model they said they don’t do windshields on my model)

The i3 air ceramic was like $300 cash price.

Yes inflation n the increase of the US money supply in the last 2 years and it’s negative effects is quite extensive in damages and scope, economically speaking for the end user (consumers)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Doesn't it impair visibility? What are the benefits: looks, driving at night,heat?
70% is virtually clear but as stated above has all the same heat rejection and UV properties as dark tint. People don’t even know it’s tinted if I don’t mention it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts